Looking at other reviews we were excited to stay at the Cherry Tree, however that excitement faded soon after we arrived. We stayed in the "Mackinac Island" suite and other members of our party stayed in one of the "Good Harbor" suites. When we walked into our room we found that you walk into the bedroom and must go through it in order to get to the bathroom, kitchenette and living room/balcony. There were four of us staying in the room so that meant the two of us staying out on the "sleeper sofa" had to go through the bedroom in order to get out for breakfast each morning.
The bedroom was dark and hot. The only a/c for the suite is in the living room, so we had to crank it up out there and leave the bedroom door open, which made those of us sleeping on the sofa too cold and didn't cool off those in the back room. The spa tub in the room would be useful if planning a romantic evening with your partner, but there was no view from it so it was otherwise useless.
The "sleeper sofa" was really a daybed with a pull out trundle. The trundle raised up, but didn't stay together with the couch part, making for uncomfortable sleep for two people. The fabric on the sofa was so faded it looked like it had been there for 20 years (or was bought second hand).
The balcony was very nice though, good view across east bay. The beach was basically non-existent due to water levels. This can't be controlled by the hotel, but from the pictures one is led to believe there is a big sandy beach -- there isn't... unless you walk about 1/4 mile through the water down to where there is a beach.
The Good Harbor room that the other members of our party stayed in was much better... more like a regular hotel room, well lit and with a spa tub where you could sit in and kind of look out the window (it's in the back of the room).
Overall I rate the hotel as just "OK," I've been coming to the TC area all my life and lived there for a while, there are plenty of better places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City hotel, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree’s smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a free breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, free high-speed wireless Internet access, free shuttle service (based on driver availability), 24-hour indoor pool, hot tub, and dry sauna, year round outdoor hot tub, seasonal outdoor pool, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, numerous comfy pillows, HD TV’s, bedside docking stations, Seattle’s Best in-room coffee, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City’s best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City