We stayed in a studio room for three nights in mid-November to celebrate our anniversary. It was my first time ever to Traverse City. From our balcony we had a nice view of the east bay and enjoyed unseasonably warm weather while we were there. The hotel staff were friendly, and the hotel common areas and our room were clean. Other guests have raved about the breakfast fare; we, however, were unimpressed and only ate there once out of three mornings. The hot food offering was a waffle with syrup or biscuits & gravy. My husband was really looking forward to eggs and bacon or something that was warm and nutritious, like what you would get at other hotels offering breakfast. We decided on a bagel....but the toaster did not work unless you stood there and held the lever down while it toasted. We ended up eating yogurt. I watched one woman try to toast her bagel for several minutes before giving up. There was Starbucks coffee in the room, which was nice....but the bed was hard, we ran out of hot water while filling the jacuzzi tub, and couldn't figure out what was on tv as there was no guide...paper or on the tv....outlining what shows were on when. It was rather frustrating. The hotel is toward on the far east end of the east bay, so you don't have a lot of traffic. Overall the experience was ok...but as indicated in the review title we believe it was overpriced, especially for the off season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City