“Excellent Place to Stay”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! Beautiful views and always excellent service by Jonathan, the GM. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Complimentary great hot continental breakfast in the mornings! Highly recommend staying here while in Traverse City!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello Sheryl S.!

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time and our clean rooms - it's so troubling to visit anywhere and find it unclean. Glad we could fulfill that for you.

It's always a pleasure visiting with you and I hope you have a nice end of the year. We'll see you again soon I'm sure.

Jonathan P.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,505)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Cherry Tree Inn was a very nice place to stay. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The big chair was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly, always asking if we needed anything, and how we were doing. Love the complimetary items; infused water, choc. chip cookies, newspapers, coffee, tea, hot choc. and the breakfast. There were many items on the breakfast bar to choose from. The pool was warm and clean, the hot tub was awsome. I really ejoyed coming to the hotel and relaxing in the pool and hot tub. We used the work out room, it was small but we still could get a good work out. We also took advatage of the arcade, it was fun to play pinball. our family member was there for surgery, when they got to there room there was a bouquet of flowers with a card wishing her well with her surgery. The front desk called when we made it to our rooms to make sure we found everything exceptable. We needed a feather free room, and this was the first Inn that made sure my room was feather free. Thank You for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Good December day!

Thank you for your stay and I hope you had a safe trip home or to your next destination. I'm very glad that our hotel was so nice for your trip to Traverse City. I hope the surgery went well for your family member, and I'm happy we could help make it a bit more comfortable and surprising.

Have a wonderful last month of the year, and I hope you come visit again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Lovely stay at Cherry Tree Inn and Suites. Nice and clean room, great view and an excellent breakfast. The room we stayed in was very large and had an awesome view of the bay. It even had a TV in the bathroom! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good day!

Thank you so much for your stay and for your review. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay, especially our breakfast and the size of your room. And just wait until you see what updates we have in store for our bathrooms - including TV's in the mirrors and not hanging from the ceiling! We're excited for those changes to come in the near future.

Thank you for being our guest and I hope you come visit again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed in a studio room for three nights in mid-November to celebrate our anniversary. It was my first time ever to Traverse City. From our balcony we had a nice view of the east bay and enjoyed unseasonably warm weather while we were there. The hotel staff were friendly, and the hotel common areas and our room were clean. Other guests have raved about the breakfast fare; we, however, were unimpressed and only ate there once out of three mornings. The hot food offering was a waffle with syrup or biscuits & gravy. My husband was really looking forward to eggs and bacon or something that was warm and nutritious, like what you would get at other hotels offering breakfast. We decided on a bagel....but the toaster did not work unless you stood there and held the lever down while it toasted. We ended up eating yogurt. I watched one woman try to toast her bagel for several minutes before giving up. There was Starbucks coffee in the room, which was nice....but the bed was hard, we ran out of hot water while filling the jacuzzi tub, and couldn't figure out what was on tv as there was no guide...paper or on the tv....outlining what shows were on when. It was rather frustrating. The hotel is toward on the far east end of the east bay, so you don't have a lot of traffic. Overall the experience was ok...but as indicated in the review title we believe it was overpriced, especially for the off season.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula T
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Good day!

Thank you for your time in writing a review of your stay. I apologize that it wasn't what you were expecting.

In regards to our breakfast, we do offer a variety of items like the ready to make waffles (in two flavors), fresh whole and cut fruit, 4 types of juices (orange, apple, cranberry, and lemonade), coffees (all roasted locally and freshly ground each morning - we even have a cherry flavor coffee), teas (all Tazo teas - 6 plus varieties), hard-boiled eggs, coffee cake, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, and cinnamon swirl bread. We do offer a rotating additional hot item. I apologize that on the day you tried our breakfast that we offered biscuits and sausage gravy, a combination that you didn't care for. On other days, we do offer sausage and egg patties or sausage patties and breakfast potatoes. We are always working to offer as much as we can at our breakfast. With space so limited, we can only offer so much each day and that's why we rotate the hot items to offer some variety. I do appreciate your comments as we continue to improve the selections.

We have replaced the toaster. I'm terribly sorry that we had it fail during that time. We had a poor toaster experience and we now have a different brand that we anticipate won't do the same for our guests.

I am sorry that you couldn't find a guide of programs on the TV. We do have cards in the rooms under the remote controls that explain that if you would like any TV listings, our Front Desk is happy to print them off for you. Our local cable company does not offer a TV listing in their lineup (and we have the premium HD TV line-up with the full HBO listings). I apologize this was an inconvenience to you.

Finally, I am terribly sorry for the hot water issue you experienced. This is certainly not normal. We did have a pump go bad for our hot water heater and the back-up pump we had on hand was also not working much to our frustration. We did have a technician on-site but we were delayed in fixing it due to availability of another pump. I am so sorry for this inconvenience to you and I certainly want to make it right. I have been in contact with multiple other guests this affected and I'm terribly sorry I haven't been able to work with you, yet. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience by emailing me at jpack@cherrytreeinn.com, so I can make this right.

Thank you again for your review and thank you for your stay. I assure you that your comments will help us be more proactive and make guest stays better. I hope you do come and stay with us again in the future. The room you chose was one of our premium Jacuzzi studio rooms, but we do offer 18 rooms types with varying rates.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have been coming to the Cherry Tree Inn for over 8 years.  We have stayed at other places in the past.  Some nice and some not so nice.  But I wouldn't go any where else.  The staff, especially the manager, Jonathan is very friendly, accomodating, sincere, and truly care about his staff, your guests and the hotel.
I know the struggle the hotel has to keep the beach cleared because of enviromental issues.  I love the beach, the gorgeous view, the wrap around balcony, (for our room) your welcoming lobby with the playing piano and of course the warm chocolate chop cookies as you welcome your guests ...which are comforting greeters.
For continental breakfasts, you have done a great job.  You switch some of the hot foods out for a little variety, and that is nice as well.  No one should leave hungry.
I love the homey "Cherry" theme.
Enjoy sitting in the cherry room off the lobby with your cherry tree chairs.
Also enjoy the bon fire area.  We have brought guests here who have enjoyed and loved the room and accommodation, as well.
Unfortunately, reading some of the less favorable reviews, you can't please everyone.  Sometimes people forget that things can break down or need maintenance from time to time.  Just like in your own home.  And sometimes those repairs can come at the worst time like when you have a housefull of people at the holidays.  I give Jonathan and his staff a tremendous amount of credit for how they handle their jobs, issues that arise and how they handle unhappy customers from time to time. We have been very happy with our stays. Have things come up from time to time?.  Rarely, but have been acknowledged and/or resolved.
Thank you for making our fall trips very enjoyable. We love coming here. Once again, THANK YOU!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Christina H
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Gosh! Good evening and thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so happy you have had so many comfortable stays in our homey "Cherry" hotel. We definitely appreciate your kind comments and we'll keep plugging away at our focus of 5-star service. Have a wonderful November and we'll be happy to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

What a great experience! We were so amazed with the wonderful service and friendly staff. Our room had the most spectacular view of the bay. It was "post-card" perfect. Clean, comfortable and soothing to the weary travelers. We look forward to coming back and highly recommend it to friends and family members.

Room Tip: The view of the lake is awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imanrse
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Good November Day!

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review your stay. The Cherry Tree Family will be happy you enjoyed their service. I'm fortunate to have a great team around me who love to help our guests have perfect stays. I'm glad you enjoyed the great views of the bay, too!

Thank you so much and have a nice end of fall.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

A very clean and nice hotel, with comfortable beds and a view of the lake. Good service, a comfortable lounge area and a very good breakfast included. Good location in town and good value.
We would definitely return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you found the Cherry Tree Inn to be clean and nice. Glad you liked the breakfast, our location, and the value for your stay.

Have a wonderful November and come visit again soon.