3,820 results
All reviews flavored water bathroom mirror indoor and outdoor pools cookies view of the bay shuttle service beach area enjoyed our stay great place to stay waffles hot tub excellent stay breakfast room front desk staff fire pit the east bay living room
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This place is great!!! The rooms are very clean, updated and roomy. Our room (woods suite) was very affordable and our kids had their own trundle bed. It has a coffee pot (Starbucks), refrigerator and sink. The pool is very clean and so is the hot tub. They have flavored water (lemon or cucumber), board games (I beat my husband at battleship), cookies, a sweet shop, a library, movies and video games you can rent and play in your room. Continental breakfast is perfect to start your day! We will stay here the next time we visit TC!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brydig
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Good evening!

Thank you very much for your stay and your review. I'm so happy you had a great time and feel like you want to return in the future. Good job on the Battleship win! You'll have to try some of our other games we offer for our guests like Hungry, Hungry Hippos!

Have a wonderful end of March/start of April.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We choose this hotel out of numerous hotel by reading the reviews and were very disappointed. After a long day we returned in the late evening (9pm) to find our TV wouldn't work. Called the front desk to find out she didn't know how to fix it without offering any solutions until the morning. Come morning, at 9am the housekeeper banged on the door and woke us. We asked her to come back later. Then we called the desk to have the TV fixed. A man came and unplugged in and reprogramed it. He stated it happens all the time. Maybe everyone should learn how to do this? Upon venturing out, we stopped at the desk and let them know we would be back around 6ish and asked to have our room tidied up. Returning, nothing was done. I called the desk, they brought us some towels and coffee without an apology. For the cost of the room we felt we could have stayed some where else with much better service. I will also add, if it were the summer months, the beach is 500 yards out! Its not beach front ideal.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you expect service.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela R
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Good morning!

Thank you so much for your stay and your review. I'm terribly sorry for the poor service that you experienced - it certainly wasn't up to our expectations. I assure you that I will address the service from our Front Desk team as well as our housekeeping team. This is not normal of our service as you saw from other reviews you read, and it should not have happened. While we do get hiccups with any number of items in our building (just like a home), we do everything we can to prevent them from our preventative maintenance program to training our staff so they can fix items quickly, correctly, and with apathy for our guests and what they have gone through due to the trouble they faced. I promise I will address this with the Cherry Tree Family today.

In regards to our beach, our beach is 400 feet wide and about 250 feet to the water's edge from our breakwall. It's definitely not 500 yards out to our beach - our property is directly on a beach that we personal care for and groom on a daily basis. With the fact that this winter has frozen the entire bay and much of Lake Michigan, I can understand how you may get confused on where our beach is, but the middle of winter is not a good time to judge shorelines as the water is frozen and expands and shifts in a variety of ways. The Great Lakes are expected to have record gains in water this year so it's going to be exciting to see how high the water levels are. I'm sorry that we couldn't properly explain the beach frontage to you as you saw it.

I would like to make this right for you. If you could please contact me, I would be happy to figure out a way to make you happy once again - it sincerely saddens me when I know that something that I did in regards to not preparing my teams well enough caused a poor experience with your stay. You may contact me at jpack@cherrytreeinn.com or by phone at my direct line at (231) 778-9001. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you again for your review and your stay and have a nice end of March.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was looking online for a good place to stay at for me and my fiances anniversary, and I landed on Cherry Tree. After speaking with them I had a room set up and was very excited about staying there. However about a week and a half before I was supposed to stay I received a phone call stating that my room was no longer available because they were starting construction, and the only other way they could accommodate me was to put me in the lowest room they offer, when i was originally in the best and i would have to switch rooms mid-stay. Had I been told more in advanced I probably wouldn't have been so upset but in my opinion this isn't something you decide to do a week and a half before you begin the project. After reading the reviews I wish I could've stayed however I don't think I will ever give this place my time of day again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pmr480
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hello!

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. We have been planning on these bathroom renovations and more to 25 of our rooms for some time, but we were unsure when the materials (quartz countertops, tile for the showers and entries, carpet, bathroom mirrors with TV's built in, drapes, couches, lights, etc) would be available. Unfortunately, we found out that they were all available to start on March 30th, so we decided to get the renovations done in spring rather than wait until summer. We were working our hardest to accommodate all of our guests, and, at times, we didn't have any better rooms available than our standard rooms (all of our large, luxury suites plus all of our non-bay-view rooms are being remodeled) to upgrade you to. I certainly understand your frustration, and it's certainly something that we wish would could have avoided. I hope you do come visit us in the future to see the updates as we would love to show you our hotel and really show you how much we care about our guests. We are sending those we inconvenienced coupons for future stays, and I hope you do use it.

If you would like, you're very welcome to call me at (231) 778-9001 or email me at jpack@cherrytreeinn.com to discuss any of your concerns further. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was originally going to stay at the Best Western with a Romantic Getaway Package. After traveling 3 1/2 hours to Traverse they chose to not inform me that they didn't even have everything for the package and was not going to give me what they said would on, 3 different times on, 3 different phone calls. I choose to go looking for a different Hotel. Seeing Cherry Tree on Pure Michigan, it went there first and decided to stay there. The hotel was beautiful, the service was great, very helpful. They even went to the extent of printing off directions for House of Dogs just because we asked about the place. The breakfast was really good. Fresh fruit and hot food. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Traverse City.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor looking over the bay. very pretty.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and for trying us out. I'm really sorry that your long trip didn't go as planned, but I'm also, selfishly, glad that it didn't so you got the chance to stay with us so we could pamper you and make it a great trip. Liz, my Front Desk associate, remembers helping you find House of Doggs (I love that place - love the hot dog with Ruffles crushed over the top of a special sauce), and she said you were fun to help!

I hope you have a great spring and come visit again. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

First, let me say that we got a great offseason rate, and for the price, we were very happy with our suite (Mackinaw Suite, Rm. 512). There are many, many nice touches. The fireplace is great -- not just for show, it gave out a lot of heat, which we appreciated on a night that was below zero outside. Loved the jacuzzi. Bed was comfy. Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker! Very nice updated shower. High-end toiletries. TV in the bathroom. Beautiful view and balcony looking out over the bay.

My only complaint: the furniture and carpet are a little old and dingy. Slightly musty smelling. There was a lightbulb out in the bathroom, although I'm sure that will be fixed.

Checking in was easy, staff was helpful, and when I needed a corkscrew, they quickly produced one.

This is a very nice property, and I love all the different options and layouts. With a little updating, it would be fantastic!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cox2mjShepherd_MI
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Good morning!

Thank you so much for your review and your stay at our hotel. I'm really glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities. I know some have heard me say this before, but I will say it again: our main focus is creating a great value at an affordable rate. The amenities we offer are special for the Traverse City area, and we're really proud to keep improving on them.

Speaking of improvements, we are just about to start the renovations of 25 rooms that will be done by summer. The new renovations will mainly focus on our bathrooms, but we will also be replacing furniture and carpet in some rooms. The tile in all of our rooms will be replaced with a nicer, darker tile. Then the bathrooms will no longer have acrylic tubs and/or showers. Instead, we're installing new tile showers with glass panel separations where needed. Many of the sinks are being changed to double sinks with Quartz countertops. And our bathroom TV's are changing to be right in the new mirrors that we order. We're excited for all these great changes that will make our guests stay even more valuable.

Thank you so much for your stay and I can't wait to hear of your return and what you think of the updates! Have a wonderful end of winter.