We travel for pleasure and business and make reservations at many different hotels. We decided on the Cherry Tree Inn for a family gathering in Traverse City. We have never had such a difficult time making reservations......ever!!! We were quoted a price for the rooms and when we called to add a night to one of the rooms the price was incorrect. This happens and we expected to just make a phone call and have the error corrected. Unfortunately the General Manager refused to honor the quoted price and by the time we realized this it was too late to book another hotel. When we got to the hotel the suites we were supposed to have for 3 adults were being renovated. The suites they put us in were not set up for 3 adults, but as they explained the extra beds were actually sized for children. When we asked for a discount for the inconvenience we were told this was a fair price for the rooms and they would not offer a discount by the General Manager. Unfortunately the beds were not set up for adults and we were forced to spend the night very uncomfortable.. They said someone was supposed to call to let us know the suites we reserved were not available, but that did not happen. The regular rooms were very nice, but the attitude of the General Manager ruined the experience. He needs a retraining in customer service. We will never stay there again...and this experience has really soured us on staying at independent hotels...will stick to the chains from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City