Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
North Shore Inn(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)
Tamarack Lodge(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)
3,560 results
All reviewsflavored waterthe outdoor hot tubbathroom mirrorcookiesview of the bayshuttle servicebeach areaenjoyed our staygreat place to staywafflesexcellent stayfront desk staffbreakfast roomfire pitthe east bayliving roomstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I just happened to call the Inn five days before our arrival date and was informed the suite we had rented was being renovated. Had I not called, we would have arrived to find we had no room without any notification. I did receive notification via email within the last 24 hours confirming the room and yet when spoke with staff, they informed me the room was not available. Although there was mention of having tried to reach me via phone at some point to notify of room not being available, I did not receive any calls or phone messages from the Inn that I could tell. I feel the notification of "renovation" for people with reservations was poorly timed and poorly managed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your review and writing your concerns. I'm very sorry for the confusion that was caused by our renovations of our luxury suites. We did run into some snags with plumbing and electrical that gave me the cue to call some guests who had reservations and work through solutions, including other rooms at discounted rates, reservations at other hotels that we pay the difference in pricing, and more. For every guest we have had to inconvenience this way, we are sending out coupons for future stays and we are making sure they are satisfied.

I personally called and left a message with every guest we had to relocate or change reservations, and I'm very sorry that you didn't receive the call or email. If you are the guest I believe you are, I did have a solution for you, but when you called, I was out of my office and not able to offer the solution. You did decide to cancel and I did do another call to you to try and discuss options and make sure you were set with reservations and anything else you needed for your trip to Traverse City. Last thing I want is for you to have more stress during your travels.

Had you not returned my calls or email, we certainly would have had a solution for you with me personally waiting for your arrival and making sure everything was taken care of for you had it come to that point. Trust me, we would never leave you hanging or simply say you couldn't stay with us. We always make it right.

If you would like to contact me, please do so at my direct line - (231) 778-9001 or by email at jpack@cherrytreeinn.com or by cell phone at (231) 360-4049. As I said, I am want to make sure you are completely satisfied. I truly apologize that you didn't receive the forms of communication I tried contacting you through.

Thank you for your review and have a nice day!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed in a suite on 5th floor. Loved the view. Room was clean. Service was extremely friendly and breakfast was a great way to start each day. Beach was groomed nicely. Water was nice and hot while the spa tub filled quickly. Will stay here again,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Good evening!

Thank you so much for your stay and your kind review. I greatly appreciate your time in reviewing your stay and helping those who are considering a trip to Traverse City and our hotel!

I'm really happy you enjoyed our hotel and especially our service. I hope you can come and enjoy the beach when it's warmer out (we just put out the lounge chairs and fire pits today!) and when our outdoor pool is open (we're starting that next Monday - keep your fingers crossed for warm temperatures!)

Have a wonderful spring and thank you again.

For the love of hospitality,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We travel for pleasure and business and make reservations at many different hotels. We decided on the Cherry Tree Inn for a family gathering in Traverse City. We have never had such a difficult time making reservations......ever!!! We were quoted a price for the rooms and when we called to add a night to one of the rooms the price was incorrect. This happens and we expected to just make a phone call and have the error corrected. Unfortunately the General Manager refused to honor the quoted price and by the time we realized this it was too late to book another hotel. When we got to the hotel the suites we were supposed to have for 3 adults were being renovated. The suites they put us in were not set up for 3 adults, but as they explained the extra beds were actually sized for children. When we asked for a discount for the inconvenience we were told this was a fair price for the rooms and they would not offer a discount by the General Manager. Unfortunately the beds were not set up for adults and we were forced to spend the night very uncomfortable.. They said someone was supposed to call to let us know the suites we reserved were not available, but that did not happen. The regular rooms were very nice, but the attitude of the General Manager ruined the experience. He needs a retraining in customer service. We will never stay there again...and this experience has really soured us on staying at independent hotels...will stick to the chains from now on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle S

Hi Ms. S!

Thank you for the review of your stay. I'm very sorry that you were so disappointed with me and our reservation process.

Per our conversation in on April 8th, when you called on January 10th and requested ten rooms through onf of our Front Desk team members, he informed you that you would need to go through our group sales coordinator. (For ten rooms, it's best to go through our coordinator so all room types are clearly written down on a simple agreement - with no financial obligation. It’s just a guarantee that we'll hold the rooms for you up to 1 month prior to the arrival of your reservations. You refused this and decided to book 5 rooms under your name and then had your daughter book another 5 rooms in her name. This was perfectly fine and we were happy to accommodate you that way. We sent confirmations for each room to you and your daughter in January when you two made the reservations.

On April 8th, you called an spoke to another Front Desk team member and you were very upset that the room rates weren't the same. Even though you and your daughter reserved three different room types (Highlands Studios - no views of the bay, Elk Rapids Studios - views of the bay, and a Walloon Lake Suite), you expected the Highlands Studio and the Elk Rapids Studios to be the same price. You demanded that my Front Desk team member ask me if I would match the rates for the two room types, and she said she would call you right back. I discussed it with my Front Desk team member and determined that I wouldn’t match the rates because the room types were different and we had sent confirmations to you which you said you did receive in January. When my team member called you back to inform you this, you became irate and called me a coward for not calling you – though, you didn’t request I call you directly. Thus, after hearing about this from my team member, I promptly called you to discuss any confusion. At that point, you demanded I match the rate of the Elk Rapids Studios to the Highlands Studios under both you and your daughter's names. I said I wouldn't do that because we sent confirmations promptly on January 10th when you reserved, and the rooms are different (one overlooks our courtyard or roof of our indoor pool and the other - Elk Rapids Studio - overlooks the bay and is about 100 square feet larger). You then threatened to write a bad tripadvisor.com review and tell everyone you know about the experience. Prior to ending our conversation, I restated to you each room reservation to ensure everything was accurate and you confirmed it was except for the rate that you wanted. The suite you reserved was the correct one and I did clearly describe the bedding in it and also explained that the Walloon Lake Suite will not accommodate a rollaway bed in it. However, when you stayed this past weekend and very clearly told my Front Desk team member of why you were upset once again, the team member called me and I okayed to give you a complimentary rollaway bed in one of your other rooms that can accommodate a rollaway bed.

It troubles me that we couldn't resolve this to your satisfaction. We do our very best to keep clear communication with our guests and make corrections wherever needed when we didn't do the proper steps to ensure a great stay for a guest. I truly feel that we did everything in our power to make you happy - from describing a group block would be best to giving you a complimentary rollaway bed to assist your group. Unfortunately, nothing we did was right. The thing the Cherry Tree Family and I enjoy about our work is that we come across so many different people and situations each day; it's so fun and thrilling to be able to satisfy and complete each and every one. When we fail, we don't simply shrug our shoulders and curse under our breath. We reflect and think about ways we can anticipate different ways to pleasing a similar person in the future. This experience working with you will certainly help us improve and do better for another guest in the future. I hope you had safe travels home and that you do reconsider staying with us in the future. I would be happy to assist you again and make your time in Traverse City and at our hotel the very best.

For the love of hospitality,

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. It's right on the water, although not all rooms have a water view. Check in was smooth. The room was a 2 bedroom suite. The decor in the room is a little outdated but not bad. My biggest complaint was that in the living room area the couches aren't very comfortable. But it did have a fireplace, so that was a bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your stay and your review. I'm happy that you had a smooth check-in - that perfect after a long day of travels.

I'm sorry that you felt the room seemed dated and the couch was uncomfortable. We are always updating and improving our rooms, and we have many things planned over the next few years.

I'm happy that you'll be returning in the future. Have a nice May and we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The buy one night get the second half off is a great deal! We had a Mackinac Island Suite and traveled with someone else who had an Elk Rapids studio. Both rooms were great and the Elk Rapids studio was huge for a standard two queen room! Best part was that we made the reservations separately and asked to be close. When we got to our rooms they ended up being adjoining rooms! This is great for people traveling with little kids. Rooms were very clean. Beds were very comfortable and included full size king pillows (very rare for non- 5 star hotels)! Indoor pool area was very hell heated at the pool was very warm (probably >85F) so it felt like bath water. About the only negative I could come up with is some of the furnishings seem a little outdated (TVs in bathrooms) and that there are only shudders on the windows facing the bay. Curtains would be better as it was hard to get the room dark enough in the afternoon for our toddler's nap.

Room Tip: Elk Rapid studios are huge for a standard two queen room and one of the hotel's cheapest layouts.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg W

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review, and I'm glad we surprised you with the adjoining rooms to make your stay better.

I apologize that you felt the bathroom TV's were a bit dated. You should be happy that we started and are close to completion of our first eleven rooms with bathrooms that are being completely remodeled, including vanity mirrors that have a TV built into them (don't see the TV when it's off - only when it's on). We're planning to renovate all of our bathrooms within three years. We have 25 rooms that we'll have completed by the end of the year.

Thank you again and have a wonderful May!