Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
US$123
US$118
Great Wolf Lodge(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$166
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$84
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$116
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$109
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$134
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$53
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
US$80
US$78
Hotels.com
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
Travelocity
3,562 results
All reviewsflavored waterthe outdoor hot tubbathroom mirrorcookiesview of the bayshuttle servicebeach areaenjoyed our staygreat place to staywafflesexcellent stayfront desk staffbreakfast roomfire pitthe east bayliving roomstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My fiance and I stay at Cherry Tree Inn at least once a year. Never once have we had anything significant to complain about. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are very nice. My fiance liked the pillows so much she took a picture of the tag to see if she could buy one for home. They always seem to be putting money back into the property so its continuously getting better each year. The rooms are clean and welcoming and were reasonably priced for the time of year. On our last trip this past memorial day, we got engaged on the trip up. I contacted the general manager (his email is right on the website) and asked him if I could arrange to have a special item be waiting for us in the room when we checked it. He got back to me within minutes and was happy to help. He even provided an extra welcome package that made our arrival even more special. The personal touch was really appreciated and was the perfect ending to a perfect day. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jfox21381
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Good evening!

Thank you so much for the time you took to write a review and for visiting us each year - glad to hear it's a tradition. Most importantly, I'm thrilled she said, "Yes." What a wonderful and blessed moment in life. I truly wish you the very best with the planning and we'll be happy to welcome you back and Mr. and Mrs.

Please always feel free to contact me again when you visit. It always brightens my day when I can do something to make a guest feel more special.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Good service nice and clean. The staff are great. The beach was clean, breakfast was good. I would go back anytime, the prices where reasonable. Room 308 has a great view of the lake and sunset was goid

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G

Thank you so much for your review and your stay in one of our Elk Rapids Studios. I'm glad we helped you have a great trip to Traverse City and I hope you come visit again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent three nights here over the holiday weekend. There were some things they did very well and others which could be improved on.

Positives: When I called to make a reservation, the hotel was nearly full. Initially, the clerk said we would have to switch rooms after the 2nd night. But, then she went out of her way to make sure we could stay put. The front desk staff is friendly. Our room was lovely. I really liked the framed photos from around the area rather than generic art. And the screen door on the door out to the balcony was great. The bed was comfortable and the view was fabulous. I liked the bath products, and was surprised to find that there was a TV even in the bathroom.

The negatives: I thought the room was overpriced compared to other places I have stayed. The "hot" breakfast food was barely warm both days I tried it. The staff in the breakfast area weren't friendly or terribly efficient, especially on Saturday and Sunday morning. The indoor pool was just slightly warmer than Lake Michigan. And the couch (really, it is a futon) was not at all comfortable to sit on. Yes, there is a beach. However, the sand is full of stones and not good to walk on with bare feet.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room on the first floor. There is only one elevator. And the first floor suites would be convenient to the beach/fire pit area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willowhoneyb

Hello!

Thank you so much for your stay and your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed so much of your stay, including our decor, friendly staff, and comfortable beds.

I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with the price of the room you stayed in. We do have 18 different room types and we are usually equal to any comparable hotel in Traverse City - many times we are less, and we provide much more than other hotels in the area (complimentary shuttle service, HD TV's with HD programming and full HBO line-up, top-of-the-line exercise equipment, beach front, both an indoor and outdoor pool and spa, docking stations, Sweet Shoppe, and so much more). We always strive to provide a terrific value for our guests. I will re-evaluate to see if we are off in our pricing to be sure, though.

I will address the breakfast hot items and friendliness of the breakfast attendant promptly. I apologize for that, and it should never occur.

I have also address our indoor pool temperature. I'm sorry you didn't care for the couch (it's not a futon, though. Some of our suites have trundle sofas where the one twin bed rolls out from under the other twin bed. This is unlike a futon, which is one large bed the slides into a double or queen-size bed). And in regards to our beach, I'm very sorry that you found it was full of stones. We do regular grooming and sifting of the beach of large debris/stones/sticks/etc. We have had many guests enjoying and running about all over it this past weekend, but I will double check to be sure we didn't miss an area that perhaps some stones have shown up. The general make of Northern Michigan beach-front sand is fine, white sand with very small pebbles from time to time.

Thank you so much for your review, and I hope you do come visit again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were fortunate to snag a last minute reservation over Memorial Day weekend. I mentioned on the phone that we were coming to town to celebrate my Grandmas birthday. When we arrived check in was quick and friendly. Our room had a beautiful view overlooking the water and the reservation specialist had a birthday balloon waiting to greet my Grandma. The room was clean and comfortable. There is a very nice beach area with play structure for kids. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub. Continental breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014

Good evening!

Thank you for your review and your last-minute reservation for Memorial Day Weekend! I'm glad we were able to surprise you with the treats for your grandma. And we're very fortunate to have the great views we have - from the picture you shared, I'm glad you got to see a sunset!

Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful summer and come visit again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a very attractive property with a great spot on the lake shore. The beds are excellent. Free coffee and cookies are always on hand. The free breakfast was ok, not great but better than average. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I want to give a special shout-out to our housekeeper, Kylie. Her shift was over when we ran into her in the hall and asked her a question about how our bed had been made up. She immediately offered to come in and re-make it. When we returned, she had left a very kind note wishing us a pleasant stay. People like her make me want to come back-what a treasure!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth T
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good day!

Thank you so much for your stay and your very kind review. I'm really happy to ready how well Kylie took care of you. I will be certain to give her some shout-outs and some "Cherry Cash" (cash we make up for the Cherry Tree Family that they can use in our Sweet Shoppe, Poolside Grille, and stays as well).

I am lucky to have a staff that loves helping our guests and keeping everyone's days pleasant and happy!

Have a nice Memorial Day and thank you so much.