“Cherry Tree is great”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lebanon, Indiana
“Cherry Tree is great”
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Tree Condo Hotel for three nights in October 2008. It was probably the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. We had a remodeled bay view suite overlooking what I would call a wetland area although there was a sandy beach area to the side. We did not walk the beach as the temperature was in the low 50's. The common areas were well maintained, we especially enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The king size bed was comfortable and the bedding stylish. We especially liked the separate living and kitchen areas. The kitchen area included refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, microwave, and kitchen/cooking utensils. It's great to eat out on vacation but we also liked being able to just relax and stay in after a day of sight seeing. The hotel advertises continental breakfast but it was much more. There was a hot entree available each morning in addition to make yourself waffles, pastries, juice, coffee, etc. The breakfast area was well designed with plenty of tables. We would look forward to staying here again someday.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2008
Hello!
Wow, I don't know what to say (and, for me, that's hard to believe). I'm very glad you had a good time and all our amenities were perfect for your stay. I'm going to post your review for our housekeepers - they will really enjoy them.
I hope you had a safe trip home and that your fall ends well. It's getting cooler up here, but it's still pleasant. October is one of my favorite months - colors, apples, and pumpkin donuts. Who could ask for more!

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Korean first
Clarendon Hills
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Stayed at the Cherry Tree Hotel over Labor Day weekend. We paid around $90 per night for the room which was very reasonable. The hotel was clean but I thought the hallways had a weird smell to them...might have been a cleaning product but I found it unpleasant. Our room was clean and neat but nothing over the top. The heating unit in the room was very noisy. The smoke alarm starting beeping in the middle of the night... we didn't really use the beach but it was nice to have a balcony and face the water. The continental breakfast was fine.

Service was very friendly and accommodating. The location was good as we went to Sleeping Bear Dunes one day and then north to Charlevoix and Petoskey the next day.

I would stay there again if I had to but I generally like a bit more upscale type accommodation - linens, etc. and I'm willing to pay for it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Linens/pillows
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2008
Hello!
Thank you reviewing our property, and I'm glad that you did enjoy your stay. While we may have not been over the top of your expectations, I'm glad you still had a nice time in Traverse City and didn't experience anything that would have ruined your trip.
Also, if you stay with us in the future, you may like our remodeled rooms. We have seven of them and they feature the finer linens (300 thread count fitted sheets), pillowtop mattresses, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and LCD TV's. All of our rooms are nice and well kept, but our newer owner (as of 2006) is switching the hotel gradually into his own liking of style and design.
If you need anything else in the future please don't hesitate to call and ask for me. Thank you for your stay, and thank you for your review. Have a wonderful fall - the colors are beautiful now and I think they're going to last longer than in past years!
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Our family went to the Cherry Tree in August 2008. We usually stay at another hotel in the Traverse City Area, but that hotel did not have any openings. We decided to try the Cherry Tree Condo Hotel. We loved the Cherry Tree. We had great service! Excellent and helpful staff! Wonderful breakfast! The Cherry Tree surpassed the other hotel that we normally would have been staying.

We highly recommend this hotel to future guests!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 September 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review of our property. As always, I am pleased with any reviews that are similar to yours, but I am always most pleased when I see specific mentionings of our service. As a limited-service hotel, We try to exceed the performance one should expect at a full-service hotel. It's not an easy task to do when the same staff is expected to answer all phone calls, in-house or outside, check-in and check-out all guests, handle any questions or concerns for all guests, and communicate with the rest of our staff. But I'm really happy that you saw great service. Perhaps next time it will be excellent and then phenominal and then... We always look to do better!
I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you so much for staying at our resort!
Roseville
Reviewed 10 September 2008

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at your hotel and will plan on making it my destination whenever I visit Traverse City. Your staff is always very courteous and helpful, even in the early morning hours. It is a beautiful hotel and and the location is wonderful. In speaking to my friends, I recommend that if they are heading up to Traverse City, stay at the Cherry Tree and they'll take care of you. If you're looking for a relaxing place to stay, choose the Cherry Tree, and you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay, our staff, and your refrigerator!
I hope your drives around the peninsulas were good and the weather cooperated. It's such a beautiful area. As much as it aches me to say this, I am looking forward to autumn and the colors that are brought with that season!
Please let us know if you need anything else, and, who knows, maybe we'll see you this fall or (sorry) winter.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2008

We stayed at the Cherry Tree for two nights while exploring the penninsulas around traverse City. We had a room overlooking the bay with a balcony. The room was superb - spotless, comfortable, large, refridgerator ( helped keep the chardonay cool ).

Every member of staff we saw / talked to was polite, courteous and extremely helpfull. Room rate included breakfast.

Hotel location is close to Traverse City but not in the middle.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — The waterfront view from the room
  • Disliked — Breakfast room could have been a little larger
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 September 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your stay and for your review of our hotel. It pleases me so much that your stay was what you expected - and maybe even more!
I'm glad our staff was courteous and polite to you. It should always be that way anytime you spend money with a business, right?
I hope you had a safe trip home and are enjoying the beginning to your September. It's raining (much needed) here now, but it's supposed to be pleasant this weekend.

Grandville, MI
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We stayed for our honeymoon in June 08. We had a great room overlooking the water. loved the room set up, I could sleep in and my husband could make coffee in the kitchenette and watch TV or read the paper in the living room area without waking me!
Bathroom was great, absolutely loved the fact I could watch TV while in the shower! Sat in the hot tub almost every night, so relaxing. A few annoying children who were unaccompanied by any adults- which was sooo annoying- but not the fault of the hotel- just of the parents who let their kids run screaming thru the indoor pool! View was beautiful, too bad water height is receeding though, I am sure it was a nice beach area at one time, but now that the water is so low there is dune grass popping up where water once used to be. Hotel was close to downtown, just a 5-10 min drive. Nearby restaurants were great, loved the Red Mesa Grill & the Pizza place nearby too.
Overall a great place to stay!

• Liked — The View!
  • Disliked — Children without parents in the pool- again not the fault of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Hello!
Thank you so much for your posting. I'm so glad that you chose our hotel for your honeymoon - I bet you like saying, "your husband..." Congratulations to you two! That's so wonderful!
I'm also glad that you enjoyed the TV in the bathroom. That always gets a chuckle from our guests.
I hope you had a safe trip home and please let me know if you need anything else now or in the future. Happy marriage.

Michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I booked the room based on reviews from this very site and I have to say I was let down by this site. For the most part the reviews made it sound like this was the hotel to stay at in Traverse city. I booked this hotel for my anniversary mainly because I wanted a really nice room with a jacuzzi tub with good reviews. The beach was basically swamp land and you had to walk through cat tails or some form of weeds to get to the lake it was actually kind of disgusting. The weather was kind of cold so we thought we'd go to the pool... Well turns out the pool was disgusting and obviously in poor condition it was so cloudy you couldn't even see the bottom. For fear of some form of skin disease from the disgusting pool we passed. The bed we slept in was stiff as a board. I must admit though the room was not bad but for the price I think we would have been better off looking at another hotel. My favorite part was the chocolate chip cookies and the recommendations from the staff for dinner other then that don't book this hotel look somewhere else.

• Liked — Cookies
  • Disliked — The Pool.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. I'm sorry, though, that we not only failed to exceed your expectations, but we also failed to meet them.
You have probably read my past responses regarding our beach, so I won't address that this time. I will address our pool. I'm sorry that you found it disgusting. We do get it inspected by the state every week and we have not failed any of these tests. Sometimes it gets cloudy from use, but it is not to the point that creates skin diseases to our guests. I have still warned our maintenance manager of your concern. There have been no signs of chemicals being incorrect or problems with guests becoming sick.
I am sorry for our beds as well. We are planning to purchase brand new pillow-top beds, but I am unaware when our owner plans to do this. We do have seven remodeled rooms and two penthouse suites that already have the new pillow-top mattresses, so if you give a second chance, you may request one of those. The new beds look wonderfully comfortable, and our guests have confirmed it, too!
I'm glad that you still enjoyed our cookies at check-in and the room in general, and I really am sorry that your stay wasn't what you expected. It really bothers me when something like this happens, so please accept my appologies that come from my heart. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please contact me. I will certainly listen.