Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
North Shore Inn(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)
Tamarack Lodge(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)
3,553 results
All reviewsflavored waterthe outdoor hot tubbathroom mirrorcookiesview of the bayshuttle servicebeach areaenjoyed our staygreat place to staywafflesexcellent stayfront desk staffbreakfast roomfire pitthe east bayliving roomstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved my stay at the Cherry Tree Inn!!! Desk staff very helpful with recommendations for a special occassion dinner. Spend the extra money for the bay view it is sooo worth it! But watch out for mosquitos when on the beach! maid service a little disappointing as they didn't toss out our empty pop bottles or coffee cups. Nice breakfast included. A few miles out of town but it's an easy drive! Body lotion smells like lemon pledge

Room Tip: Get a bay view and on the third or forth floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barann36937
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Good day!

Thank you so much for your stay and I'm really glad you took advantage of the bay view rooms - they do give a lot of extra smileswhat for your trip to our hotel and Traverse City!

I apologize for the trouble you had with the housekeeping team - I will certainly go over our standards with them to make sure they understand what items should be tossed or recycled o a daily basis.

Also, when you stay with us again, call or email us and let us know that you would prefer a different room soap in your room for your arrival. While we are really proud of the Gilchrist & Soames BeeKind soap products, we understand that not every soap/cleaner is liked by 100% of our guests. So feel free to give us a heads up next time and we can put something in the room to help you enjoy your stay better next time.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Interesting how the prices on the marquee changes during the week. Different prices for "June Specials," depends on the day of the week. Price on the marquee is for the smallest room (studio). I believe it might be time for management to roll up their sleeves and get rooms ready in a timely matter. Should not have to wait until 6pm to get a room.

Room Tip: Wide range of prices for the rooms. There is no room in TC that is worth $400.00
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LRL55
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Good morning!

Thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry that you felt the June special on our marquee was deceiving. Although there are size constraints, I will certainly look at ways to add more details on the sign to help those looking for rooms in the area.

I am very sorry for the delay in getting into your room. Our entire team will do everything necessary to get rooms clean and ready for our guests. I have made adjustments recently to improve the housekeeping team's efficiency. I apologize that it affected your stay, though.

Thank you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our confirmation read that check-in started at 3:00 p.m.. I made reservations for two rooms, for my brother & his wife, and my husband & I, on June 15. My brother & his wife arrived first; the room was not ready and because the confirmation was in my name, they would not let him pay for the room or give him any information at all. When my husband & I arrived at 4:00, we found my brother & his wife sitting in the lobby, and neither room was ready yet. Who is going to show up with a printed confirmation and pay for a room that is not theirs?? There were several families waiting on their reserved rooms. One gentleman came in and said he was back and wondered if his room was ready yet. The manager at the front desk was anything but friendly, and even made a rude comment to us. She also said that check-in BEGAN at 3:00 p.m. and actually went until 2:00 a.m.. I explained that we would wait by the pool until they called us to say our room was ready. There were only soft drinks and snacks available for purchase at the pool. Another disappointment. After hearing that one room was ready, we put all the luggage in that room and went out for dinner. When my sister-in-law had asked about a room with a lake view, the up-charge was $20.00. After dinner, when my husband paid for our room that was finally ready, he asked if the room with a lake view was still available, and was told yes, but it was $50.00 more.
Hire more housekeeping staff, and train your check-in staff to be more friendly and respectful please. However, in the meanwhile, we will be staying at one of the many other hotels in Traverse City.

Room Tip: Don't get too excited if you are told you will have a room with a pool view. Ours was on the first floor and the window looked into the indoor pool area. We got to listen to splashing and yelling until the pool closed at 10:00 p.m..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb L

Good day!

Thank you so much for your review and detailing your frustration with the poor experience you had at our hotel. We definitely dropped the ball and I assure you that I have addressed each item - including staffing (which was good, but they weren't being efficient with time management and organization), manager on duty handling of past-due check-ins, and pricing. I'm terribly sorry for this inconvenience to you. I would like to make this right. If you can, would you mind contacting me directly by phone (231-778-9001) or by email (jpack@cherrytreeinn.com) so we can discuss this further and see how I can make this better for you. I understand you may not want to stay with us again - I simply want to see what I can do to make this past stay better. We didn't do what we expect to do each day, and I'm so terribly sorry for that.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just as described! We spent 2 nights at the Cherry Tree and it was a very pleasurable stay, check in was fast and simple, the rooms are well cared for with a balcony overlooking the bay and the sunsets. The bathrooms had very nice rainfall shower heads with a lot of water pressure witch I consider a big plus. They also serve a nice breakfast in the morning, the food was good and the variety of food was good also, much better then a standard continental breakfast, the only problem with breakfast is it is served in a small space so it may take a moment or two for a table if a crowd comes down all at one.
Overall great place to stay with a very reasonable rate, and would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side overlook the bay and you also have a great view of the sunsets if you get a upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Good day!

Thank you for your stay and your time in reviewing it here. I'm pleased you had a good time and that you got to see a great sunset, too!

Thank you for your input on our breakfast space - we are working on plans to increase it in the future. I hope to have those done very soon.

Have a nice week and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions. My contact information can be found on our website.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son and I spent 2 nights here last week. The location is fantastic, right on the water with great views from our room and lovely beach. Our room was also very spacious and beds comfortable.
There were a few downsides however. I think our room had recently been renovated (and the new bathroom was FANTASTIC) however perhaps not everything had been replaced after the refurb. Although there is a kitchen, it lacked any implements to prepare food - no cutting knives or stirring implements, no sponge / dishcloth or scourer to wash up, no bottle opener etc. The other downside was lack of sound-proofing - the guests above us walked continually in their room until after 2am and then both had showers - we could hear every step. The floor boards creaked in the bedroom very loudly and in the bathroom the noise transmitted even more. They then got up at 5am and the noise started all over again.
The location and view were fantastic however.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Good day!

Thank you for your stay and your kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were able to enjoy the location, the views, our beach, and your comfy suite. We did just finish some updates/remodeling to our suites and studios in our second building, including new tiling and new kitchenettes in some of the suites and studios. We do have some more fine touches to do including furniture, window coverings, and odds and ends (like the kitchen items you mentions). I do apologize for those not being perfect for your stay. They will be improved in the very near future.

I do apologize for the sound that transmitted into your room from the guest who was up much of the night. We will look at ways we can improve the sound dampening through the rooms. Thank you for that note.

Have a nice day and please come visit our lovely area again soon.