“Cherry Tree was Great!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Monroe, MI
“Cherry Tree was Great!”
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Cherry Tree. We stayed in the Leelanau Suite and it was huge! It had a fireplace and double whirlpool tub, which were great added amenities. We also had a nice patio with a view of the beach and bay. The beach was nice and the view was spectacular! We went to breakfast in the hotel each morning and it was always good. The only issue was the lack of seating, but we found extra seating on the second level hallway that connects two buildings. No one was up there at all! We didn't use the pool, but it looked wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was one of the farthest hotels from downtown Traverse City, but that was fine with us because it was peaceful. It is also right by part of the TART trail, so we were able to hop right on it and ride all the way into town on our bicycles!

Our only complaint was the bed. The bedding and mattress seemed a bit older and there was a large gap between the foot of the mattress and the footboard, which looked a bit strange. It was perfectly comfortable and we would still go back, but for the price we paid (it was peak time) I expected nicer bedding.

I will definitely stay here again - it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 November 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed our property, staff, and area. The TART is a great place to walk and bike, isn't it?
I'm sorry for the bedding. We are still looking to replace all the mattresses and subsequently the sheets in the near future - just waiting for the owner's word. I'm glad that it was still comfortable! That's always good to know.
I hope you've had a good fall. Please let us know if you need anything else. We just started our half-off special, too. If you stay one night, you get the second night half off. This is for any room and it's good through most of this winter, but not New Years.

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Korean first
Austin, TX
Reviewed 5 November 2008

My husband and I live in Austin, TX. Ex-Detroiters, we enjoy going to Traverse City every October for our anniversary (36). This time we stayed at Cherry Tree Condo Hotel. The staff did everything possible to make our weeklong stay comfortable. For the money this was the best . We had a bayview double that included a nice breakfast, cookies and smiling front desk staff, clean and neat facilities. We used the pool and hot tub, laundry, exercise room, computer and enjoyed the community room with fire burning in the fireplace, and manager's reception party. EVERYONE was "make you feel at home" friendly--the staff, the guests and every where we went in Traverse City and surrounding areas. The colors, lighthouses, parks, wineries, museums, restaurants, and shops exist in an environment that was fresh, crisp, clean. and FUN...it was Halloween Week. No wonder they call it PURE Michigan!

• Liked — Convenient location, priced well, clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff on the BEACH
  • Disliked — flat pillows, had to ask for extras, summer decor needed updating to fall-winter
1 Thank Ex-Detroiter
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. I already showed Maranda your review and it brought a smile to her face. She said she's pretty sure she knows who wrote this review, and we're glad you got home safely from your long trip. I wish you another great anniversary year with hopes to see you on your 72nd anniversary! :) I would also like to wish you good weather, but I hardly think it's necessary. Maybe I should wish T.C. good weather!

Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I hardly know where to begin to sing the praises of the Cherry Tree Inn and the wonderful manager there! First, upon check-in we disliked the location of our room because it didn't have an outside window and I felt claustrophobic. Upon informing the desk clerk of our disappointment, the manager overheard our complaint and stepped in. He offered us a suite for the price of a regular room, because there were no other rooms available. And wow! What a suite it was. Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, balcony overlooking the beach/bay with chairs and sliding glass doors, TV & phone in the bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, hairdryer, heat lamp, ceiling fans, robes, triple sheets, Playstations in both rooms. We had a living area with table & chairs, couches, TV and a separate bedroom with jacuzzi tub. We drank coffee in our robes on the balcony every morning and every night we watched the sunset while we sipped our locally bottled wine. (We went on a wine tour of the Leelanau and Old Mission peninsulas). Continental breakfast was more than expected with waffles you could make and the manager greeted us BY NAME every time we left or returned to the building and also recommended a local restaurant, which we enjoyed very much. He informed us of the local sightseeing and shopping opportunities as well. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place. Conveniently located on the highway and the bay, affordably priced, and fabulous in every way. I never slept better in a hotel bed and it was clean throughout. The best romantic getaway I've ever had. We didn't want to leave. Wow!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2008
Hello! Wow, right back! Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm very pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay so much. Stays like yours are what we aim for with each guest at our resort. I'm really glad you got time to relax and enjoy the area. Maybe we'll see you return sometime this winter. We have great shopping and a Winter Wonderfest at the beginning of next year. Should be lots of fun!

paola kansas
Reviewed 19 October 2008

The location, facility,staff, cleanliness, beach, view etc were all 5 star! what else can we say.We would highly recommend this hotel and highly recommend this area of Michigan as a wonderful place for a family vacation, honeymoon etc. A special thanks to the front desk manager Jonathan for his smile and and his commitment to his job. The ancillary staff were awesome as well.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review and your comments regarding me - it's much appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed everything, and, even though we were five-stars for this past stay, we will always continue to improve so we can impress you again next time!
I hope you too had a safe trip home and a good fall. Not too much longer until that white stuff will start falling.

Lebanon, Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Tree Condo Hotel for three nights in October 2008. It was probably the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. We had a remodeled bay view suite overlooking what I would call a wetland area although there was a sandy beach area to the side. We did not walk the beach as the temperature was in the low 50's. The common areas were well maintained, we especially enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The king size bed was comfortable and the bedding stylish. We especially liked the separate living and kitchen areas. The kitchen area included refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, microwave, and kitchen/cooking utensils. It's great to eat out on vacation but we also liked being able to just relax and stay in after a day of sight seeing. The hotel advertises continental breakfast but it was much more. There was a hot entree available each morning in addition to make yourself waffles, pastries, juice, coffee, etc. The breakfast area was well designed with plenty of tables. We would look forward to staying here again someday.

Hello!
Wow, I don't know what to say (and, for me, that's hard to believe). I'm very glad you had a good time and all our amenities were perfect for your stay. I'm going to post your review for our housekeepers - they will really enjoy them.
I hope you had a safe trip home and that your fall ends well. It's getting cooler up here, but it's still pleasant. October is one of my favorite months - colors, apples, and pumpkin donuts. Who could ask for more!

Clarendon Hills
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Stayed at the Cherry Tree Hotel over Labor Day weekend. We paid around $90 per night for the room which was very reasonable. The hotel was clean but I thought the hallways had a weird smell to them...might have been a cleaning product but I found it unpleasant. Our room was clean and neat but nothing over the top. The heating unit in the room was very noisy. The smoke alarm starting beeping in the middle of the night... we didn't really use the beach but it was nice to have a balcony and face the water. The continental breakfast was fine.

Service was very friendly and accommodating. The location was good as we went to Sleeping Bear Dunes one day and then north to Charlevoix and Petoskey the next day.

I would stay there again if I had to but I generally like a bit more upscale type accommodation - linens, etc. and I'm willing to pay for it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Linens/pillows
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2008
Hello!
Thank you reviewing our property, and I'm glad that you did enjoy your stay. While we may have not been over the top of your expectations, I'm glad you still had a nice time in Traverse City and didn't experience anything that would have ruined your trip.
Also, if you stay with us in the future, you may like our remodeled rooms. We have seven of them and they feature the finer linens (300 thread count fitted sheets), pillowtop mattresses, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and LCD TV's. All of our rooms are nice and well kept, but our newer owner (as of 2006) is switching the hotel gradually into his own liking of style and design.
If you need anything else in the future please don't hesitate to call and ask for me. Thank you for your stay, and thank you for your review. Have a wonderful fall - the colors are beautiful now and I think they're going to last longer than in past years!
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Our family went to the Cherry Tree in August 2008. We usually stay at another hotel in the Traverse City Area, but that hotel did not have any openings. We decided to try the Cherry Tree Condo Hotel. We loved the Cherry Tree. We had great service! Excellent and helpful staff! Wonderful breakfast! The Cherry Tree surpassed the other hotel that we normally would have been staying.

We highly recommend this hotel to future guests!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 September 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review of our property. As always, I am pleased with any reviews that are similar to yours, but I am always most pleased when I see specific mentionings of our service. As a limited-service hotel, We try to exceed the performance one should expect at a full-service hotel. It's not an easy task to do when the same staff is expected to answer all phone calls, in-house or outside, check-in and check-out all guests, handle any questions or concerns for all guests, and communicate with the rest of our staff. But I'm really happy that you saw great service. Perhaps next time it will be excellent and then phenominal and then... We always look to do better!
I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you so much for staying at our resort!