“Always Enjoy My Stay at the Cherry Tree”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasanton CA
“Always Enjoy My Stay at the Cherry Tree”
Reviewed 17 December 2008

I first found out about the Cherry Tree Condo Hotel in November of 2007 when I was looking for affordable digs for my Thanksgiving stay in Traverse City, MI. I re-booked a room for my 2008 visit to Traverse City because my first stay was so enjoyable. The accommodations are wonderful. I love the TV in the bathroom!
The front desk personel were eager to accomodate any request I may have had. They always welcomed me when I came in the front door and bade me well on my way out.
The housekeeping staff were always available to make my stay neat and clean. They all had such fun personalities, but did their jobs in a very thorough way.
Both times I stayed at the Cherry Tree I felt so comfortable - at home away from home!

• Liked — The rooms that face the beach - even in the winter - beautiful
  • Disliked — The rooms that face the pool.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 December 2008
Thank you for posting your review. As always, I'm very pleased when a guest not only finds our property and building nice but the staff as well. What's a hotel for but service? I tell my Front Desk staff that anyone can put a bed in a car or on the ground and sleep for a night. People come to hotels for service, whether that's a good breakfast, a comfy bed, or a smiling face.
I'm glad you made it home safely and I hope your New Year starts out just as you planned. Merry Christmas.

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Korean first
Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2008

There are so many wonderful things to say about the Cherry Tree Inn that I don't know where to begin. Just returned from my third stay at the Cherry Tree and it couldn't have been a better experience. Six of us shared two adjoining rooms with a magnificent view of the bay. The rooms were immaculate and the decor inviting. The staff is friendly and happy to assist with any request. Jonathan, the front desk manager, defines amazing customer service. He contacted us via email and went above and beyond to assure that our stay was enjoyable and we really appreciated the special treatment. While we visit Traverse City often, this was the first stay at the Cherry Tree for five of the six of us. We usually stay at a a more famous (and much more expensive) resort in the area, but we've decided that the Cherry Tree is our new favorite destination. Breakfast was extensive and although we didn't get a chance to use the pool, it was very clean. Be sure to grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the beachfront sitting area on the second floor. You'll be glad you did. Thanks again to the Cherry Tree Inn for a wonderful getaway. We'll be back!!

• Liked — Lovely rooms and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — That we had to leave so soon.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 November 2008
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Cherry Tree. From the breakfast to the rooms to the service, I'm glad everything exceeded your expectations and made your stay very enjoyable.
I think you got the last bit of the fall weather. It snowed 3 inches last night and we are expecting another 9 inches over the next day and night. I don't know what you or others think of snow, butI love it. The area looks beautiful and cozy with all the smoke from chimneys, white edges of the lake, and people bundled up!
I hope you have a safe trip home and have a happy Thanksgiving. Looking forward to having you in the hotel in the future!
South Bend, IN
Reviewed 7 November 2008

We have been to Traverse City several times. But this time, during our school's fall break at the end of October, my husband decided to try a new place - the Cherry Tree. We were not disappointed. Because we came at an off-season time , our room rate was very reasonable. Our room faced the Bay - especially beautiful with the fall colors. (The private balcony is an extra!) Each room also has a small frig and a microwave (and safe if you need it). The continental breakfast included a large variety of choices. Everything was delicious - all served in a nicely cherry-decorated room. We also enjoyed a private "picnic" in an adjoining sunroom - wine and all!
The staff was always friendly, from the phone call to make the reservation through check-out time. Top this off with stopping at our favorite places in the City - and we had a fabulous time!!!
Thanks Cherry Tree!

• Liked — price, location, friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — needs another painting on the wall :P
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate the time you took to do that, and I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad our staff and our property was good for you. Hope you had a safe trip home and that we'll see you again.

Monroe, MI
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Cherry Tree. We stayed in the Leelanau Suite and it was huge! It had a fireplace and double whirlpool tub, which were great added amenities. We also had a nice patio with a view of the beach and bay. The beach was nice and the view was spectacular! We went to breakfast in the hotel each morning and it was always good. The only issue was the lack of seating, but we found extra seating on the second level hallway that connects two buildings. No one was up there at all! We didn't use the pool, but it looked wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was one of the farthest hotels from downtown Traverse City, but that was fine with us because it was peaceful. It is also right by part of the TART trail, so we were able to hop right on it and ride all the way into town on our bicycles!

Our only complaint was the bed. The bedding and mattress seemed a bit older and there was a large gap between the foot of the mattress and the footboard, which looked a bit strange. It was perfectly comfortable and we would still go back, but for the price we paid (it was peak time) I expected nicer bedding.

I will definitely stay here again - it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 November 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed our property, staff, and area. The TART is a great place to walk and bike, isn't it?
I'm sorry for the bedding. We are still looking to replace all the mattresses and subsequently the sheets in the near future - just waiting for the owner's word. I'm glad that it was still comfortable! That's always good to know.
I hope you've had a good fall. Please let us know if you need anything else. We just started our half-off special, too. If you stay one night, you get the second night half off. This is for any room and it's good through most of this winter, but not New Years.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 5 November 2008

My husband and I live in Austin, TX. Ex-Detroiters, we enjoy going to Traverse City every October for our anniversary (36). This time we stayed at Cherry Tree Condo Hotel. The staff did everything possible to make our weeklong stay comfortable. For the money this was the best . We had a bayview double that included a nice breakfast, cookies and smiling front desk staff, clean and neat facilities. We used the pool and hot tub, laundry, exercise room, computer and enjoyed the community room with fire burning in the fireplace, and manager's reception party. EVERYONE was "make you feel at home" friendly--the staff, the guests and every where we went in Traverse City and surrounding areas. The colors, lighthouses, parks, wineries, museums, restaurants, and shops exist in an environment that was fresh, crisp, clean. and FUN...it was Halloween Week. No wonder they call it PURE Michigan!

• Liked — Convenient location, priced well, clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff on the BEACH
  • Disliked — flat pillows, had to ask for extras, summer decor needed updating to fall-winter
1 Thank Ex-Detroiter
Hello!
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. I already showed Maranda your review and it brought a smile to her face. She said she's pretty sure she knows who wrote this review, and we're glad you got home safely from your long trip. I wish you another great anniversary year with hopes to see you on your 72nd anniversary! :) I would also like to wish you good weather, but I hardly think it's necessary. Maybe I should wish T.C. good weather!

Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I hardly know where to begin to sing the praises of the Cherry Tree Inn and the wonderful manager there! First, upon check-in we disliked the location of our room because it didn't have an outside window and I felt claustrophobic. Upon informing the desk clerk of our disappointment, the manager overheard our complaint and stepped in. He offered us a suite for the price of a regular room, because there were no other rooms available. And wow! What a suite it was. Fireplace, jacuzzi tub, balcony overlooking the beach/bay with chairs and sliding glass doors, TV & phone in the bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, hairdryer, heat lamp, ceiling fans, robes, triple sheets, Playstations in both rooms. We had a living area with table & chairs, couches, TV and a separate bedroom with jacuzzi tub. We drank coffee in our robes on the balcony every morning and every night we watched the sunset while we sipped our locally bottled wine. (We went on a wine tour of the Leelanau and Old Mission peninsulas). Continental breakfast was more than expected with waffles you could make and the manager greeted us BY NAME every time we left or returned to the building and also recommended a local restaurant, which we enjoyed very much. He informed us of the local sightseeing and shopping opportunities as well. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place. Conveniently located on the highway and the bay, affordably priced, and fabulous in every way. I never slept better in a hotel bed and it was clean throughout. The best romantic getaway I've ever had. We didn't want to leave. Wow!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2008
Hello! Wow, right back! Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm very pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay so much. Stays like yours are what we aim for with each guest at our resort. I'm really glad you got time to relax and enjoy the area. Maybe we'll see you return sometime this winter. We have great shopping and a Winter Wonderfest at the beginning of next year. Should be lots of fun!

paola kansas
Reviewed 19 October 2008

The location, facility,staff, cleanliness, beach, view etc were all 5 star! what else can we say.We would highly recommend this hotel and highly recommend this area of Michigan as a wonderful place for a family vacation, honeymoon etc. A special thanks to the front desk manager Jonathan for his smile and and his commitment to his job. The ancillary staff were awesome as well.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2008
Hello!
Thank you for your review and your comments regarding me - it's much appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed everything, and, even though we were five-stars for this past stay, we will always continue to improve so we can impress you again next time!
I hope you too had a safe trip home and a good fall. Not too much longer until that white stuff will start falling.