Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$150
CambriaHotels
US$130
US$101
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$157
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$152
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$158
US$130
US$90
US$71
Park Place Hotel(Traverse City)
US$164
US$151
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$161
3,602 results
All reviewsflavored waterthe outdoor hot tubbathroom mirrorcookiesview of the bayshuttle servicebeach areaenjoyed our staygreat place to staywafflesexcellent stayfront desk staffbreakfast roomfire pitthe east bayliving roomstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We had a wonderful time! The staff went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed ourselves and had everything we needed. Jessica at the front desk was especially helpful. We even stayed an extra night because we didn't want to leave! Great location and great staff - would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2009

Hello!

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed our staff, especially Jessica.
It's always nice to see guests enjoy and extend their stays because of our staff and service. That's something we strive to improve on each day.
Thank you, again. Have a wonderful December.

Reviewed 5 November 2009

Very nice place, well worth the money. We drove thru TC on a color tour weekend. Had always wanted to stay here. Got a nice rate on a 2+room suite on the second floor. Probably one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. One bad situation ruined our stay. After breakfast on the day we checked out (after 10AM) we walked out on our wrap around deck to see some ducks below us on the beach. I went back into the room to grab a few crackers to toss to the ducks. The seagulls showed up and also enjoyed a few crackers until from below us came a yell of profanity and a door slam. Less than 2 minutes later the phone rang with the front desk on the phone. They were calling us to report that someone had complained of the noise and people feeding the birds.
In all our years of travel, we have never been reported for anything. I did not appreciate being sworn at from another guest.
Because of that situation we probably would not return to the Cherry Tree Inn but I have recommended it to others.

1  Thank doggy1
Jpack, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2009

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the room and I hope you found some good colors. I am not happy that another guest caused such a wonderful stay to turn into a such an awful one in a short time. That's not fair to you. I really am sorry that guest was foul and rude to you. Although we don't encourage feeding ducks and seagulls from our balconies or patio areas since these birds tend to be a bit messy, we also don't encourage guest confronting another guest for anything. It's our job as care-takers of the property and our guests to resolve conflicts between guests. It is absolutely inappropriate for any guest to use profanity and yell at another guest.
Again, I'm sorry this happened to you. If anything like this was to happen again, please don't hesitate to call the hotel Front Desk - wherever you stay.
Have a nice November, and please join us again. Situations like that are very rare.

Reviewed 30 October 2009

We booked Cherry Tree Inn after reading the many postive reviews on Trip Advisor. For the most part, we very much enjoyed our stay but there were a few little negatives. The room was nice and we enjoyed our corner room with the extra windows but the room definitely needed updating. Housekeeping was ok, but the little things that make a hotel great were missing. We opted to not have our sheets changed as part of the effort to be "green" and it just looked like the cover was pulled up over the rumpled sheets. The ice bucket wasn't emptied and we didn't get any clean cups.

The other problem was the pool. The heater was broken so the water was ice cold. That meant that the few families with kids piled into the hot tub, unfortunately while we were in it. Not a very relaxing soak. We had booked the hotel planning on using the indoor pool and that was very disappointing. If I had been a parent with kids there, I would have been very upset.

The breakfast room is too small. The hotel didn't seem full at all and yet the breakfast room was crowded and people didn't have a place to sit at times. The waffles were great and so was the coffee cake. Try it if you stay.

While I know that sounds like my husband and didn't enjoy our stay, we didn't let those little things bother us (much). We enjoyed the quiet, the chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the lobby, and loved our balcony and the view. All of the staff that we saw were very friendly and seemed helpful. I didn't hear a sound from other rooms and we almost felt alone on our floor.

1  Thank PhebesMom

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Although you enjoyed your stay, the issues you experienced will be fixed and corrected. We have just gone under new management and we will be working to improve everything the Cherry Tree has to offer. Regarding housekeeping, we are working to change the way we inspect and clean our rooms. We're working with our housekeeping team to make them more detailed and conscious of what a guest wants in their stay. They will get better because we have a great team to work with!
I am sorry that our pool was not heating while you were here. We, unfortunately, had a compressor fail, and we had to wait for a part. It's one of those issues that we never plan to have. we did inform our guests as soon as possible and our hot tub was still heating and great. I am sorry for any inconvenience the cool pool caused to your stay or any others for that matter.
I'm glad you like our waffles and coffee cake - both are wonderful! We do have additional seating in our sunroom and lobby area when our breakfast room gets busy and we do have this posted in our breakfast room for guests to be aware of the additional seating. Sorry that it was still crowded.
Finally, I'm glad you enjoyed our staff and our quiet rooms. There is nothing more that we enjoy than knowing that we were friendly and helpful to our guests. Thank you again for your review. Have a great November.

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Me and my wife recently stayed here this past weekend for a 1 year anniversary weekend and were pleasantly surprised. For the price, I do not know how you could go wrong. We had a great view of the Bay, it felt like we were at a much more expensive place.

Staff was very courteous and helped when we needed it. I am looking forward to coming back to TC soon and will definately come back to Cherry Tree!

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed our property, the view, and our staff. We really do appreciate the time you took to let us know, and I hope you have a wonderful end to your year.

Reviewed 2 October 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while I was attending a conference. It is clean, friendly, comfortable and a great bargain! Our room was large and immaculate, had a breathtaking view, balcony where we drank our coffee and listened to the ducks, geese and blue herons.

We have been going to TC for many years. This is the best place we have ever stayed, bar none.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2009

Hello!

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed one of our large on-water rooms. I hope the stay helped your conference go better! Have a nice fall and good luck with any winter (eeck!) preparations you may have to do!