This is a very nice place to stay, except they seem to have little regard for safety issues. We found the cords from the blinds knotted together, forming a loop which would be easy for a small child to get hung in and choke. We told the desk, and they said they would have housekeeping take care of it. They did not.
We also found the electrical cords in our room wrapped up together to shorten them in a manner that makes them a possible fire hazard. We found this after we reported the blind cord, but since they did not take care of that, we did not report this.
In our suite, there was no towel hook near the shower, which required you to walk across the floor to reach a towel - or leave it on the floor. While we were there a woman reported slipping and falling in the bathroom, and I had to wonder if she was trying to get to a towel. Perhaps I'm more conscious of these things because I work in emergency medicine, but these are potentially serious safety problems.
I hope if management sees this, they will address these issues, because this place is lovely. I would give it a 4 or 5 if not for the safety problems.
Other than that, the hotel is very clean. The staff was personable and friendly. Our suite had a fireplace, a whirlpool, and a killer view of the bay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Some of the furniture covers were faded, I'm OK with that, this is a beach resort, after all, but the cover on the daybed/sofa had holes worn through. The radios are hopeless, one of ours had a short - very poor quality. Since I'm a radio person, this was a big minus. Our room had a kitchenette; small fridge, sink, microwave and coffeemaker. No utensils, not even a plastic fork.
Breakfast was OK, nothing to get excited about, but there was plenty to eat. It's the usual hot waffles, precooked eggs and sausage, and a variety of cold breads, cereals, and fruits. Very good coffeecake, juice, milk, tea are provided. Do wish this hotel, like most others, would learn what folks need to have a GOOD cup of tea! I brought my own.
The pool and infrared sauna (loved it!) were clean and well maintained, although the towels reminded me of the ones in gym class back in the 70's - a bit on the skimpy side.
They bill themselves as a "green hotel", but they still use disposable plastic glasses and silverware and styrofoam plates and cups. We did have ceramic cups in the room, but only plastic glasses even there. They also use eco-friendly bath products, but be warned to keep the paper packages dry, or you'll be peeling black stuff off your hands. :-)
If this place addresses their safety issues, I would recommend this spot in a minute - but until then, I guess I'd steer clear. I gave it a one for service because they didn't address the safety issue we brought to their attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City