“Dinner and back for Breakfast...Excellent!”
Review of The Towne Plaza

The Towne Plaza
Ranked #20 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stopped in to meet some friends this past weekend for an amazing Dinner at the Towne Plaza...Great Food and Great Service! Great selection of spirits for all of us to choose form. Have to say if you are looking for something downtown...make sure you stop in and trying something from the menu, I doubt you will go wrong on your selection. The scallops were very good as well as the Fish selection for the night.

Everything was so good we came back for Breakfast the next morning and enjoyed the same wonderful service as well as the great food. As you can see from the pictures at breakfast; the Punkin Pancakes were outstanding as well as the Steak Omelet and Eggs Benedict (Steak.)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Okay, so we took an unexpected weekend road trip to Traverse City, looking for some well priced gems to eat at and we stumbled on this restaurant because of a suggestion we received from chef Jennifer B. at the Cook's House restaurant (unfortunately we could not eat there because the waiting list was about 4-6 weeks out, we'll go back to that place next time). Getting back to the restaurant... The dining room is very cozy and inviting and the smell of the charcuterie is very noticeable. The menu was very approachable, with there being something for every appetite although not too extensive which works well for me. We were having a late breakfast, so let's call it brunch, I had the ?berry pancakes which were hands down the best pancakes I've ever tried, with maple syrup, 2 poached eggs w/ hollandaise and 4 strips of homemade bacon... I'm sick to my stomach that I live in Chicago and they are 5 1/2 hours away. My other friends enjoyed their own slice of heaven. One thing I appreciated was that all of the ingredients were fresh and from local places that we visited, it gave that communal vibe to things especially since we visited some of the places they purchase from. We are definitely looking forward to going back sooner than later.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We enjoyed two of TC's fine restaurants on our recent anniversary get-away, but only Towne Plaza gets a review. While the other spot, well-reviewed and worthy of a visit, was good, Towne Plaza exceeded our expectations. The dining room is just large enough to be buzzing, but small enough that you don't feel ignored around a corner. Our server, Cooper, was friendly and helpful with the unique menu that includes generous "tasting" portions as well as entrees and appetizers. Cooper didn't rush us as we ordered in stages, revisiting the menu and her recommendations with each course. We chose to pair beer with our meal rather than wine because of their wide selection of Michigan craft beers. Advice from Kevin at the bar directed us to some unique brews. The pork belly was magnificent, a little crispy on the outside while smooth and rich inside. The oysters were priced 50% less than the other restaurant and presented beautifully. Our other food choices were just as delicious. Prices were great, too. We will definitely be back on our next trip to TC.

1  Thank CSFMi
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Pork, pork and more pork. But, plenty of alternatives. Small plates so many taste delights. The short rib ravioli, the pork confit and fish were all very good dishes and everything served hot by very gracious servers, especially Katherine. A credible wine list and good prices combined to make a very pleasant experience.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stopped by the Towne Plaza after Yoga (my first) on Saturday at noon for Brunch. We all decided to have a hearty breakfast. Most of us had worked out and then went to Hot Yoga, so we were starved.

We have eaten at TP a number of times and always enjoyed the meal. I love eggs Benedict and it's one of my favorite restaurants for eggs Benedict when in Traverse City.

I ordered the eggs Benedict with Fontina cheese sauce and potatoes. I have eaten this many times at TP and it was excellent. Almost everyone else in the group ate the Chicken Benedict. It is quite a large meal and not slight on calories. I am going to describe it for you. It's a potato cake (quite tasty) with a fried chicken cutlet on top and on top of that a poached egg, and fontina cream. WOW. It was very good. I was fine with my breakfast but really loved the taste of the potato cake.

Our server was very sweet and fun - very good service.

It was a perfect meal for the occasion...we will return. Next weekend I hope.