“Absolutely stunning! ”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Absolutely stunning! ”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was nervous to fly, especially after seeing that balloon plummet in Egypt, but this was such a safe and beautiful ride i would recommend this to anyone! Safety is their top priority, and you get the most amazing vistas of Traverse City, Lake Michigan, and so much more. Great service and fun crew. It's about $400/ person, which is less than most other places. I always dreamed of flying on a hot air balloon, and this was the best place I could have done this at!

1 Thank Valerie J

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best. Date. Ever.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Apparently my boyfriend got us on the last ride of the year a few weeks ago and it was awesome! Best. Date. Ever.

I just moved back from downstate and it was beyond words to see Traverse from up high! The colors were at their peak and Jeff the pilot made sure we hung out over East Bay and everyone had a great time.

The basket was filled with couples of varying ages and everyone was really cool (you don't have a lot of personal space in those things so being with chill people was a huge plus). The pilot and his crew were awesome, I didn't have any idea prior as to how they got the balloons up in the air (its kinda an ordeal) but everyone was really cool. The crew was fun and made sure everyone was having a good time.

When we landed (so smooth btw) we were presented w/ certificates and a local champagne toast which was a really nice touch!

Like I said before, I'm a local and this was hands down the best date ever! :)

2 Thank SpartyGirl15
Walled Lake, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Unexpected Surprise"”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were not planning on going up in a hot air balloon while we were visiting Traverse City. We were on our private wine tour with Jeff from Grand Traverse Wine Tours and he mentioned that he also owned the Grand Traverse Balloons and said he was going up that night if we would like to join, we did and it was incredible. Jeff is just a awesome guy that we were lucky to spend the day with !!! I would highly recommend the balloon ride and the wine tour !!!!!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank suzc3
Nashville
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Most beautiful place to go ballooning.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've flown hot air balloons all over the country and the Grand Traverse area is by far the most beautiful place I've ever flown.
Jeff, the owner is very focused that every passenger has a safe and fun flight. Most flights you get to go high and get fantastic views of the bays, area lakes including Lake Michigan, the islands along with seeing tons of wildlife; deer, turkeys, hawks and even an occasional eagle.
Traverse City is the home of the National Cherry Festival and you will see an abundance of cherry orchards.
If your looking for additional things to do while in the area, many award winning wineries are there and Jeff can hook you up with his Grand Traverse Tours. He utilizes Mercedes Sprinters which are very roomy and hires experienced drivers that will show you a great time.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Anniversary surprise”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

It was a awesome experience. The pilot was great and explained stuff to us. Highly recommend this to anyone of any age

Visited June 2013