“Should be called NOM Cafe!”
Review of Om Cafe - CLOSED

Om Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Former train weigh station for a cherry company. Long and narrow with big barn doors, open exposed wood beam ceilings, reclaimed barn wood walls and wood floors. Warm and cozy, repurposed bowling alley tables, nice music and dim lighting. Outdoor seating.
Coto de Caza, CA
“Should be called NOM Cafe!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I spend my summers in Traverse City and Om Cafe is a weekly stop for me. Living in Southern California most of the year affords me many options for vegan cuisine but smaller towns are not also so well equipped. Om Cafe is one of those little gems that I hope stays around for a long time. Nom, nom, nom is all I can say!

• Visited August 2013

“Plant-based and healthy; some”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Nearly all of the items on the menu of this casual sit-down restaurant are vegan or vegan optional. After eating here, I would also say the food isn't just plant-based but healthy as well, earning it 5 stars in my book. The lunch menu has reasonable prices.

My group of four tried different things and most were tasty. One (the Crimini Burger) was a bit bland without the dairy. The soup special of the day (purple potato kale) was loaded with garlic, so be prepared.

Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding how the food was prepared, so ask if you have any questions.

If they have the Raspberry Ginger Cobbler for dessert (a changing daily menu) I recommend it as a great light and fresh option to close your meal. My group was full after our entrees so we all split one dessert :)

For my full review of all the dishes with pictures, check out my blog on plant-based eating: http://vegouttoeat.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/om-cafe-traverse-city-michigan/

• Visited August 2013
Traverse City, MI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My sister and I were excited to try something new. We had driven by many times and said we have to go there sometime. Atmosphere was nice. Wait staff friendly. We shared a Cremini mushroom burger that was tasteless, we had to smother it with the aolie to make it taste better. And we also shared the Buddhist priest stir fry. Carrots were not cooked well (hard), over seasoned with basil and not sure if it was garlic or some other seasoning, very oily. It just saturated our tongues! All I could taste for the rest of the day was the stir fry. Not to mention belching for hours. Unless you are already used to eating this way I would stay away. I love to eat and will eat anything if it tastes good. Very disappointing. My sister said "we should have went to Georgina's". They are on Front St next to Simply Cupcakes. Awesome food, so tasty and filling.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank minnilf
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've had the pleasure of eating here twice now and will not miss the chance when I am in Traverse City again. This is now a regular for me. Having visited twice and has the chance to taste some of the dishes ordered by companions also I've tried about 8 menu items and found all of them to be delightful.. It is a treat as a gluten-free vegetarian to be able to order nearly anything on a menu and the quality of the food and service does not disappoint either. Keep up the great work! I can't wait to come back.

• Visited September 2013
“3vegans..1 vegetarian..3 regulars”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Took a group of gal's to OM last Weds..every plate was completely cleaned and most of all enjoyed !!! The 3 regulars had whitefish tostadas ..fantastic !!!

Visited August 2013