“New favorite place in TC - for vegetarians!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Om Cafe - CLOSED

Om Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Former train weigh station for a cherry company. Long and narrow with big barn doors, open exposed wood beam ceilings, reclaimed barn wood walls and wood floors. Warm and cozy, repurposed bowling alley tables, nice music and dim lighting. Outdoor seating.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“New favorite place in TC - for vegetarians!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is definitely my new favorite place in Traverse City! This is the kind of food I love and I am so glad there is a place where I can get light, fresh, vegetarian food in a beautiful atmosphere! Not that I don't love all of Traverse City's other great restaurants but this one was so refreshing after a weekend of indulgence.

Daunted by the line at Patisserie Amie, my parents and I just happened to wander in Om Cafe as a second choice, and I am so glad we did. The space is bright, airy, and spacious. Live music (at brunch!) put is in a relaxing mood. Is there a yoga studio in the back? I wouldn't be surprised. The whole restaurant has a meditative vibe.

I started with a beautiful pot of green tea - easily could be shared between two people but also could give one person a very generous few mugfuls. Speaking of mugs, all of our mugs were different and quirky, like they'd been bought by the owners and random stops on a cross country road trip. Mom and I split the Buddhist Priest stir fry with tofu and udon noodles, since they were out of soba. It was so nice and so fresh, loaded with veggies and not oversauced. Maybe an odd brunch choice, but it was so delicious. The fresh fruit we split was actually seasonal fruit - berries and whatnot - instead of just the usual melon slices.

I would love to come back for another meal or two next time I'm in TC for the Film Festival. If you've been having lots of big, indulgent meals while in TC, this is the perfect antidote and it will suck you back in for a repeat visit! You definitely don't need to be a vegetarian to appreciate the good stuff they make here.

• Visited August 2013

Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“It's where we go....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

As locals, We consider this place to be one best food values in Traverse City. We had one lunch visit where it took about an hour to get our food, but that wasn't the norm.

The quality of the food can't be beat.

• Visited December 2013
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Didn't quite live up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I read about Om Cafe and was looking forward to trying it on a recent trip to Traverse City. It is not always easy to find restaurants that cater to vegetarian, vegan and organic eating, so this place sounded perfect. The location and atmosphere were very cool, it is in a historic building along the former railroad tracks and has a lot of character! The chili and Bloody Mary were both very good and just spicy enough. The mushroom burger sounded good and we were told it is popular, but we were both very disappointed. It was just complete mush and fell apart. It also did not have much flavor. I've eaten many a veggie burger made from various ingredients both homemade and frozen and this was the least favorite I have ever had. They should consider adding some pieces of mushroom for texture and some additional seasoning. Based on the great chili though, I would give it another go and try something else.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GB_MI_traveler
Hibbing, Minnesota
“Fruit flies were awful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We try to eat healthy do when I saw a vegetarian restaurant I was happy, but there were so many fruit flies it made it difficult to enjoy the meal. I can only imagine how many were in the kitchen!! I had a veggie stir fry, which was okay, but the veggies were almost raw. My husband's pesto pizza was okay. Not very impressed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wheaties59
San Francisco, CA
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Even if you aren't a vegetarian, we think you'd like it - &, if you're a vegetarian, you'll love it even more!

Visited August 2013