“Best Sit In Mexican Restaurant in Traverse City” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Traverse City, Michigan
“Best Sit In Mexican Restaurant in Traverse City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

For Traverse City, this is the best Mexican restaurant TC has to offer with atmosphere. The only better places are the run in and take out that do not have a liquor license or atmosphere. Jinetes has a great seating arrangement and enjoyable décor. Staff has always been very friendly, attentive and very helpful in recommending which dish I should try out of the 2 or 3 I ask about. I have never been disappointed. Tonight I tried the Burrito Jalisco, due to waiter's choice, and it was perfect since I eat a low carb diet and the only starch was the flour tortilla. However, it was so over stuffed with steak, chicken and shrimp that I had to take 2/3 of it home. My date had the Mexican Pizza and it was over stuffed with an outstanding flavor. Both of our dishes had grilled veggies done very well.

With a Margarita and a 32oz beer, our dinner was less than $45. Drinks are very reasonably priced. Have to agree with other reviews, the Margaritas are not the reason to go here.

Never noticed before, but has several TVs very well placed, so if need a place to watch a sport game and have some great beer and food, then this would fit the bill.

A little difficult to find if not from the area, but worth the search and highly recommend over the other choices in Traverse City.

• Visited July 2014

Michigan
“Great Mexican food in Traverse City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, and great drink specials. We ate here on a Wednesday. A pitcher of margarita was $10.99. Average plate was $12.99. They brought us nonstop chips and salsa. The chips and salsa were fresh. Restaurant was clean and maintained. Food was authentic Mexican fare! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KellyMMichigan
Manchester, Michigan
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

First when they bring you chips ask for the white cheese dip. The margaritas are amazing!! Try it you won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2014
“Muy Mal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Food was too salty and I couldn't tell the difference between my burrito, chimi changa and taco.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The menu does have a lot of variety, which is nice to see, and it has a more traditional approach on Mexican cuisine versus the "Americanized" Mexican cuisine. We were here as a group for a business dinner, and were highly disappointed.

First, several of us, including myself received food that did not match the menu description. the wrong meats, added items, wrong food. While the server insisted we got what we ordered.

Secondly, the food that we ate was extremely salty. I could barely taste the food that i had ordered. To me, this is hiding lower quality ingredients, and poor cooks.

Another disappointment was the service. Our waiter was rarely seen, inattentive, and seemed to not care about or dining experience. It also seemed hard for him to speak or comprehend English, which is a must i beli

• Visited December 2013