“Pleasant Mother's Day”

Boone's Long Lake Inn
Ranked #24 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

As others have stated, this is not a fancy place. Jeans and a collared shirt would make you right at home. We decided late on Sunday to go here for dinner because they promised to have no wait for a table and they were right. The kitchen made accommodations for food allergies with no problem and on a busy day, the staff was attentive. The owner reports that the deck dining area would be open soon. That looks to be a good option when the weather improves. Be sure to order the baked potato.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was recently part of a large group party at Boone's and they handled approximately 30 of us reasonably well with many separate checks. The service was generally good, and they did well keeping track of who went with who and accurately presented a dozen or so separate bills at the conclusion. The food was just average, I had perch and steamed vegetables. The fish was coated in a light batter and deep fried. The portion was large. The mixed vegetables of broccoli, green beans and carrots were overcooked. Others at the table ordered prime rib (very large portion), and mixed seafood platters which had crab legs and assorted other fried selections. The ambiance of the place is nice, log cabin like and they do have a nice outdoor seating area on the deck. All in all, just an average place.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am not a person to ever write a review, but I had to after hearing and reading any negativity about this establishment. We had always wanted to try Boone's. We had been to Little River and the 4 of us was talking about going to Boone's. Seeing we were staying in Traverse City Saturday night. A lady had over heard us and had said it's not the best. We read the reviews on our way to Traverse City and we said we are going to go. We had the best meal ever. Prime rib with lobster, prime rib with shrimp, baked potato, soup, salad etc. We couldn't eat it all and we got the small portion. Lot of food. The 4 of us (couples) do not mind paying the price if the food is good. Good is an understatement. It was great. The waitress and staff are very friendly. After we left Boone's my husband and brother in law asked me to write a review. We will be back.

2  Thank Connie T
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have now been there several times as it is one of my all time favorite places to eat. The prices are not cheap, but for some reason I feel the place is of great value. First thing you need to know is portion sizes. THEY ARE HUGE! Maybe not Tony's in Birch Ruin huge, but pretty big. If you order Prime Rib (which is one of the best I have had) add at least 8 oz. to the listed weights! Yes, the 22 oz. prime rib is AT LEAST 30 ozs! It is about 2" thick and covers almost the entire plate. I made the mistake of ordering this one time with an appetizer. The 12 oz. is more than enough even for a hungry appetite. On Wednesday's they have all you can eat shrimp (fried or peel and eat) for $25. These shrimp are huge! Plus they put a ton of shrimp on your first order (probably 2 pounds worth). 3 of teh 4 people in our party that ordered this could not make it through the first order. But the quanitiy and quality were great. Also, strongly suggest trying a Bloody Mary! One of the best I have had and it comes with a small beer.

1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Boone's has lived on it's reputation of years past for too long now. My last meal there I ordered the 16 oz Prime Rib and Perch. The Prime Rib has always been above average so I usually go that way and honestly how do you mess up fried perch. Well I received a 12 oz NY Strip, over cooked and the perch was so dry, it was almost inedible. All this for $40? This was during an 80 person banquet so I am always willing to cut some slack, but if you can't handle that type of business don't book it. All in all this will be my last trip to Boone's and the only reason it gets a 2 is the ambiance of the place is still cool and the service is normally very good.

1  Thank TCTanman