“French Fries!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“French Fries!!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm going back when I'm in the area just because of the Fries! Really! And I don't usually eat fries, but these were absolutely delicious. The burger was great too, and we had some soup and grilled cheese for the kids... Just a good family meal at a good price. Best restaurant ever? Compared to a fine dining experience, maybe not. But way up there with the best of 'em for a family restaurant with a large menu.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jeff c

“Definitely going downhill”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have gone here in the past and the food, service, and atmosphere was always great. Today we walked in, the ceiling was leaking all over the restaurant. That is fine, it happens. It was the main topic of conversation though with all of the staff. One lady was walking around talking to a few of the customers so loud it was unbelievable. She was very unprofessional. Our food was nothing special at all. My over-easy eggs were runny and the hash was way over cooked. No taste at all. The toast had so much butter it was soaking wet on my plate. I will never go back again, the food and service is really bad. Tired of paying for terrible food. This looks like a hang out for the older folks of traverse city now.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Aimlaw
“Glad we took the chance!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Was a little hesitant taking the chance on a new restaurant. We came in for breakfast, and since I am not much if a breakfast fan ordered lunch. I ordered the monte cristo with sweet potato fries. It was awesome! The sweet potato fries were all natural hand cut. I did not care for the mayo it was served with so I asked for ranch and it was great. My monte cristo sandwich was all home made. Portions were a plenty! My husband got the breakfast buffet and had no complaints. Clean and comfortable atmosphere. Looking forward to going back.

1 Thank Foodie48867
Traverse City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheese stick and pretzel buns o my :)”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Let me first of saying that they have wonder cheese sticks. Hand cut and dipped for sure not from a freezer bag. What my family loved was that they were thick and rolled in panko. A must try for sure. Also the pretzel buns are wonderfull. Asked the sever were they get them and she informed me that they are made fresh in house daily. They were so soft and lightly salted like a prezel. Tried others pretzel buns else were this place has a great product that made my burger great. Over all my family enjoyed everything from my burger to the kids chicken strips and the wife's perch Ruben which was that days lunch special. Overall very good. Will be back

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Brian49686
Marshall, Michigan
“For the over 80 crowd”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

If you like your food bland and cold, this is the spot for you. Probably a step up from the usual assisted living fare, but not a big step. We went to the Sunday buffet which was picked over with no sign they planned to replenish it. There were 2 scramble eggs - plain and with a few veggies and some cheddar on top, Luke warm sausage and bacon, cold pancakes stuck together, maple flavored syrup, mini eclairs that were icy inside, assorted fruits and a gooey chocolate sauce. Scones were dry and floury tasting. There were two items on the end we couldn't figure out - a grey mushy looking mess and fried something- no one was brave enough to try it. All overpriced at $11 per person.

Service was poor - we had to search for our server to pay and she never came by to offer more coffee.
A one star rating is one star too
Many.