“Nice Michigan Atmosphere”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 313 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: French Fusion cuisine nesteled on beautiful Bowers Harbor, Deck Seating available in season, Romantic location for a proposal, also available for small/medium sized weddings, come to relax and enjoy the Taste of the Big City in Traverse City. Featuring Kobe Beef, English Dover Sole and the freshest most eclectic cuisine. Come as you are, upscale dining in a resort style casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been travelling in Michigan for over 20 years on business and regularly spend a week end in the UM. My local friends took me to the Boathouse and we had a fantastic evening. The location in the vineyard is spectacular and the food was excellent. They have a very rich selection of local wine in which my friend found a little gem. The food was of excellent quality and the server was well attention, it was his first week so he was still on the learning curve of the menu.
Restaurant has some ambition and the prices are a align with that but i would go back there the lunch on the terrace with a wonderful view of the lake is worth the trip and if you like wine this is an excellent place to discover Michigan wine.

There are newer reviews for Boathouse Restaurant

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We ate lunch at the boat house and both our meals were very good. They met. The standard for being inventive with a good mix of flavored. Service was very good and the atmosphere also nice.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

...that this was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant in recent years!! Don't misunderstand me, but I am truly reluctant to make such a statement about anything food oriented. And there are those who might think I never get out of my own back yard. To the contrary; we travel about 2 months of the year and consider ourselves "Foodies"; that's with a capital "F", as my reviews might indicate. So, please add the Boarhouse to your Bucket List right away. This is one of those "You'll thank me" reviews...rare indeed. Enjoy...
PS: You MUST order the Morel-Chantrelle Cream Soup!

1  Thank Froggy80
Reviewed 11 June 2014

a fantastic sunset meal with my wife while in Traverse City for the weekend. Great service with a knowledgeable staff, even the busboy had answers to my food questions! Lots of choices with fresh fish, duck and lamb. It was a formal but casual approach to dinner. Elegant but not stuffy.
We had fresh oysters and tempura asparagus, a wonderful Arugula/Strawberry salad, Halibut and Rack of Lamb! We were too full for dessert so finished our bottle of wine on the deck closing out the day with a beautiful sunset.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just dined at this restaurant tonight. Way over rated. For being a seafood restaurant, 2 fish entree's on the menus. I had the Sockeye Salmon, usually a fantastic fish, not only was it over cooked/dry but very bland. Boathouse salad nothing to write home about as well, bland. A party in my group had the other fish entrée, "whitefish" and did say it was good. Oysters Rockefeller were also overcooked. Plenty of "Kobe" beef selections,.....for a "Boat House"???. Classic overpriced, pay for the view restaurant. Server did not even ask how my meal was, sad. Would never go back while in Traverse city, too many other good restaurants.

2  Thank Terry O