“Just average Asian food to refuel for nearby Great Wolf Lodge”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After a long first day at the nearby Great Wolf Lodge, our family was worn out and a bit undecided on what to do for dinner. The general consensus was split between Chinese food and sushi. We found this place did both and away we went!

There is a very large Chinese buffet and I contemplated going with that for dinner. That is, until I saw one of the servers douse each tray on the buffet with hot water - an old buffet trick to keep things looking "lively" and not dried out. So, after that not so subtle maneuver, I went with the menu.

I went with the honey chicken - don't ask me why as I hardly ever order a deep fried Chinese entree. But, it looked like a mostly Americanized Chinese restaurant and this was the best I could come up with. My father-in-law went with the sushi menu and went with gyoza to start and California roll. That came out quickly compared to the Chinese entrees that were ordered for our table which included pork lo mein and chicken chow mein.

Each entree came with a choice of soup (egg drop or hot and sour) and crab rangoon or egg roll - each came straight from the buffet. You can try to run from the buffet, but you cannot hide! The hot and sour soup was OK, the crab rangoon had a hint of crab to it so there was that in Hunan's favor. My wife went with the egg roll and it was basically limp cabbage deep fried in the thickest wrapper I've ever seen.

For the most part, our appetites were sated and we were refreshed for more waterpark fun. The price was right and we were in and out in pretty good time. This would not be a return trip when we get to Traverse City again.

1  Thank Jack L

Reviewed 21 November 2012

This was terrible! We got take home and halfway through our meal found large bugs mixed in with the food that had been clearly cooked into the meal. When we called to complain they admitted this has happened in the past and cursed at my wife! Never again!!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We eat here maybe three times a week when working in t.c. Not a real big selection, but everything is always fantastic and very fresh!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Lunch buffer was over $10; food was sub-par with limited choices. I would find another Chinese restaurant in TC and don't plan to return here again.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Rude! My friend and I went in for a peaceful lunch at thier buffet. The young chinese waitress was speaking Chinese extremely loud to another waitress (almost yelling). We ignored it as did all the other patrons until they brought the loud conversation next to our table. I asked her to please keep her voice down in which she berated me in Chinese louder yet. She said if we didn't like it we could just leave. To our surprise 4 other tables left with us, all of which thanked me for saying something.

1  Thank HandsomeDan1