“Bubba's has great food”

Bubba's
Ranked #11 of 298 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Burgers, burritos and beer! You're going to love the great food and downtown Traverse City atmosphere at Bubba's - Traverse City's favorite spot to hang all season long! From bubba-size burgers to fresh unique salads or sandwiches, or choose from the chef's home-style favorites of the day on our chalkboard. All of our selections are made from fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Waterford, Michigan
“Bubba's has great food”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

While we had to wait a bit, we met some friends here and had a great time with an awesome dinner. The staff is great. We've eaten here before for breakfast and that was really good also.

Visited December 2013

“Great meal, as always!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Just met up with some friends, and for the first time, I didn't have a burger! Had the yummy chicken fingers with Thai seasoning and an order of tater tots. My friend had some onion rings that were great! Hubby, of course, had the Bubba burger and enjoyed it as always! You can't go wrong with this restaurant! One minor complaint, they serve Northwoods Soda here, which more TC restaurants are doing. Personally, I don't care for it, but that's just my opinion.

• Visited January 2014
Michigan
“GREAT BURGER”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We had no wait on a Friday night to get a table. Very Good Service. We all ordered a specialty burger. They were all delicious. Nice casual atmosphere.

Visited January 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Bub Bah - stay away -”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great place for college kid drinkers and first timers who know nothing. The wet burrito does not have any cheese melted over it -- so, they decided to redefine wet, on-the-spot, and pass it off as their own brand. The coffee drinks with a shot -- worthless from my palette, as there is no kick and very very very watered down. Back to the burrito, which was mostly tortilla wrap, with a little bit of rice, beans and ground beef inside, but mostly tortilla. I unwrapped it after seeing how huge it was on the plate, and pulled away layer after layer of tortilla, until the small amount of filling was exposed. Shameful, what they put together and call a meal. In my view, if you want to waste your money on food and drink that will only piss you off, then go here. Otherwise, get smart and make your way around the bay to the Apache, where you'll thank yourself over and again that you left the lunacy and cheapness of Bubbas. Oh, I should mention, the waitress got a $20 tip from me. She stayed on course, didn't create a problem, reported the dissatisfaction and did her job. The little boy manager and the food and drink are immature and poorly prepared but the waitress service was well done.

Visited December 2013
Biff_Condor, Owner at Bubba's, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Bubba's is a neighborhood family restaurant with a great reputation. We don't have many college drinkers in here. It is with much regret that I read that you had a bad experience with a Ground Beef Wet Burritto. Personally I would have reccommended a burger as that is what Bubba's is known for. Or at least the Char grilled Steak Burritto or the Mahi Tacos.

No we don't pile the Cheese on, like some old school unhealthy restaurants, but we do pile the homemade black and pinto beans on with the smoked tomato rice, so I am really supprised at your comments. A wet burritto is smothered with our homemade sauce. It is all you are used to. We have huge success with first timers and we have a lot of regulars. Normally a line out the door. So I am assuming you have a bone to chew for other reasons.

It is interesting the way that you word things to be aggressive and petty in your attacks of this hard working restaurant that employs several people in our small town. I am all about constructive reviews but the "little boy manager" seems a little vindictive or trite. Would really love to know the whole story. Please feel free to email me at jeff@tcfood.com if you have some part of your story you would like to elaborate on.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent bar/restaurant with great specials”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had two of the daily specials for breakfast and I cannot say enough good about the breakfast hamburger. Enjoy!!

• Visited January 2014