“Great Service”

Red Lobster
Ranked #106 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The food, by Red Lobster standards, was up to par. By that, I mean that their food was very good, as usual. What set this visit apart from all the other Red Lobsters that my wife and I have visited is their service. Our waitress was polite, considerate, nice, conscientious, and anticipated all our needs (drinks for us, kids, extra condiments, ....). She actually seemed happy to be there and was a hard worker. That is something that I see lacking half he time that we visit a Red Lobster. As such, we made sure her tip was accordingly equal to the great service she provided to our family.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Well, I came here with reluctance because I'm not a fan of Red Lobster to the point that the last time I went to one was over 10 years ago, food just wasn't worth the price. But because my husband loves seafood I decided to go this time. The food was okay, nothing spectacular. I ordered the coconut shrimp, the sauce that came with it was just too sweet, but it was okay. My husband had the tilapia and said it was great. Would I go again, probably. I guess it's all where the Red Lobster is located at, the one here in Traverse City gets my thumbs up. The biscuits are still very good.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I love Red Lobster for my dining experiences. Don't like spending $40-50 on a meal for two, but I go for special occasions and my family usually buys me gift certificates for holidays, etc. Usually we have leftovers for the next day, I like that. I must admit yesterday as I visited my favorite place I was a little dismayed by a new feature they have added. They are now putting on the bottom of your bill how much your gratuity should be, and it doesn't start with 10percent. When a person has a bill for $46.00 and are expected to pay $6.50 plus for a tip, that's almost the price of my coconut shrimp I ordered for $8.00 plus. That is sad. But the biggest thing to me is my Church preaches 10 percent tithe, why should you expect more than what I would give to my Church for a tip...am I paying an hourly tip fee here? Sad to say, I've been reading the papers about Red Lobster status and Olive Garden, etc., and these are two of my favorite restaurants, but you are going to turn people away when being made to feel they have to give x amount of a tip. Tipping should be what one can afford. Not everyone has a million dollar pocketbook.

2  Thank daja2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ate here on Sunday and I was very satisfied. We started with the Lobster Pizza & Coconut Shrimp MMMMM Good. The Pina Colada sauce for dipping the shrimp is extremely pleasing, ask for 2 sauces. The pizza was a mouthwatering, scrumptious appetizer that you could eat as a meal. Glad we shared. We also had the shrimp & fish tacos, fresh, moist, tender and very filling. Needless to say, we probably ordered to much food, but everything including the service was well presented. Family, friends, couples; they seem to have accommodations for every age. You won't be disappointed, make it your next T.C. food destination.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Red Lobster is one of the finest Family Seafood chains in the State of Michigan. You can probably find a better experience, but it can be difficult to locate exceptional independent seafood restaurants. So I can safely say that I have never been disappointed with Red Lobster where ever I visit them in the State of Michigan. A very diverse menu without being overloaded with choices or lacking them and its not too hard on the wallet.