“Fresh water Caribbean”

Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Traverse City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh water Caribbean”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Where to start? Sitting in the open air dining room looking out at what looks like the deep blue waters of the Caribbean was only the start. Austin was our server and was excellent. He just did everything right. There were seven of us and our choices ranged from the black bean burger(amazing) to the feature, fresh Mahi, the Mahi was excellent with root vegetables and pineapple salsa. We had drinks at the Tiki bar on the bay after dinner. This place is simply paradise, you have to experience it.

• Visited July 2014

Athens, Georgia
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews and decided we needed to go while in Traverse City. There were 2 large parties with between 12-17 people in line in front of us, so we were told there would be a 90 minute wait. We had cocktails while we were waiting overlooking the water. No problem finding a place to sit and enjoy the scenery. Very good service outside.
I don't think we had to wait the full 90 minutes, but when we finally did get a table, the food was outstanding. My husband ordered the pecan crusted whitefish, which was excellent. I had the nightly special of whitefish with mushrooms and cherries. It sounded strange, but it was just perfect! The loaded Mac and cheese was awesome, too. Our friends ordered the rib eye and salmon. They were very pleased with their meals.
Great atmosphere and view of the lake, great food, great service!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JanineD536
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Definitely not to be missed.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Went there as a recommendation from my sister-in-law. So glad we took her advice. We loved the open concept and the view of the bay was fantastic. Try the pecan chicken salad. So fresh and tasty. Going to try to go again tomorrow.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank flowerlover54
Rochester, Michigan
“Ridiculous wait - lost a longtime customer for dinners”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Been going to the Apache since it opened. Usually there is a wait for a table, but now they told us there is a mandatory 1.5 hour wait. My suggestion, put your name in the leave for a hour....Why the restraurant owner's don't expand is beyond me. Better yet, just go there for drinks, skip dinner.

3 Thank harley1212
Chicago, Illinois
“Best view in town”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Two nights in a row I was very pleased with my dinner I ate early with the old folks about 5 and the place is getting packed if not already packed, make reservations. The only thing I hated was that I could eat dinner on their beautiful patio! Only drinks service on the patio. I recommend if you have to wait have drinks on the patio, or if you get right in, eat first then enjoy a drink on the patio

Visited July 2014