“Dirty, would NOT eat there again.”
Review of Ponderosa Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were in Traverse City for the night and wanted somewhere good and filling to eat. This was the WORST Ponderosa I have ever been to. My napkin stuck to the table because it was so sticky. The ceiling tiles were all water stained. Staff was too busy talking with each other. Heard a very inappropriate conversation from the kitchen. My youngest son wanted to know what the staff guy meant by "I would not let anyone use my back door, well maybe for a million dollars." Not appropriate at all for a child to hear in a restaurant. Will NOT eat there again. Food was okay.

2  Thank D H

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were looking for a breakfast place and didn't know Ponderosa had a breakfast buffet. I was a little leery but it was excellent! food was hot and fresh and had a great variety!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This was the absolute worst experience. Spent $50 on nasty food. Do not go there. Run....run....run away as fast as you can.

1  Thank T K
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Haven't been to one of these in years...went ther just after ariving and had a good meal, and lots of memories

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

In town for business wanted something quick and I thought I knew what I was getting into but I was wrong.

The Worst Ponderosa I have been to ever. Full of salty starches and one colorless veggie mix. The chicken was way too salty, the selection was sparce. The best thing there was the macoroni and cheese. I got a piece of cheesecake that had one slice of strawberry on top.

I thought the Ponderosa in my home town was bad but it looks like a five star compared to this one. It was old and needs to be updated.

I expected a lot more for being Traverse City.