“A TC Landmark”

Ranked #48 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Italian
“A TC Landmark”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Wow, almost 35 years here and only 4 reviews. We need to pick up the pace a bit - though I'm sure they'll keep going with or without more feedback. Look, this is THE deli in Traverse, with outstanding meats, cheeses (!!!), whole stuffed olives, handmade arancini, salads, sweets, a great wine section, etc, etc...and arguably the best sandwiches around. They've won numerous awards for this...and do try the "Fat Tony"! Plus there's now a nice deck for outside enjoyment. I guess the handful of reviews is probably because it's not really a restaurant per se, but I can tell you that looking at several of the more highly rated places here on T-A, I'd much rather drop in to Folgarelli's and its old-world charm, look at all the tasty choices, and pick something appealing for a meal or a picnic. We are never disappointed with the quality, the service, or the friendliness of the staff. And I guess for the "What sort of visit was this", I'll select "couples". For us, T-A needs to offer a "necessity" category, 'cause that's what Folgarelli's is...at least until we can get back to Italy.

• Visited September 2013

Traverse City, Michigan
“Great place to get those special things to eat from Europe.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the place in Traverse City to find the special hard to find foods from Europe, especially Italy. Cheese, meats, and sausages your won't find at the local super market. Plus, breads, olives and packaged foods from Europe. There really is a large selection of items in this store.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LouisXIVtc
Traverse City, Michigan
“Your great picnic starts here”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

You will not find a better takeout sandwich in the TC area. Ordered on several occasions Italian-style subs and smoked turkey sandwiches for tailgate meals at nearby Interlochen concerts. Great wine & beer selections, to boot.

Visited August 2013
Warrenville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

No visit to Traverse City is complete until I've stopped at Folgarelli's for a sandwich. Our whole family loves them! High quality meat, especially great for packing a picnic on the beach!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 4TinaC
Williamsburg, Michigan
“unexpected excellence”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have been going to Folgarelli's for years for sauces, vinegars, etc. (because when I cook I use the best ingredients). How did I miss that they make sandwiches right there? I have had the opportunity to try several different ones and I can say I am very impressed. "Unexpected" because I didn't realize they made sandwiches. "Excellence" because that is what Folgarelli's does best. When friends come in from out of town this is the tasty, casual place to grab and go!

• Visited June 2013