“My favorite TC stop.”

Folgarelli's
Ranked #53 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Folgarelli's Market and Wine Shop is a third generation family run business that started as a side project after Boniface "Fox" Folgarelli retired and moved up north. Today we specialize in cheese and charcuterie from across the globe. One of the largest and most diverse wine selections in northern Michigan as well as high quality import and craft beer selections. We also carry row after row of hard to find specialty and import grocery items. Last but not least you can't forget about our amazing hand crafted sandwiches that will leave you dreaming about them till your next visit.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I was so excited the first time we went to Folgarelli's I had to take pictures of the cheese, salami, and prosciutto. To send to my father in law. The cheese selection alone was three deli cases long. This trip was for our first wedding anneversary. We were getting provisions to make a picnic. Never could we have found a better place to do so. They have a nice wine room with a great selection of Vintages, amazing deli case filled with special cheeses and cured meats, and a giant set of menu boards with a selection of sandwiches that i dare anyone to not find something they love on. Wether going on a picnic, or just getting a little something to take back to the hotel room for a romantic night in. This is the place to go. We will never miss Folgarelli's on a trip up to TC, that I promise.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Per TripAdvisor reviews, my wife and I stopped in and ordered deli sandwiches and stuffed olives to take to enjoy at a nearby bayside park. We ordered the Godfather and the Big Tony sandwiches. Both were piled high and let me tell you packed with flavor too! Seeing the stuffed olives we also bought 2 of 6 types they had and especially loved the jalepeno stuffed and also the gargonzola stuffed. Picked up some chips and bottled lemonade there too. Deli workers were very friendly as was check out person! Great experience and we WILL make this a mandatory stop on our weekend getaways in future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Wow, almost 35 years here and only 4 reviews. We need to pick up the pace a bit - though I'm sure they'll keep going with or without more feedback. Look, this is THE deli in Traverse, with outstanding meats, cheeses (!!!), whole stuffed olives, handmade arancini, salads, sweets, a great wine section, etc, etc...and arguably the best sandwiches around. They've won numerous awards for this...and do try the "Fat Tony"! Plus there's now a nice deck for outside enjoyment. I guess the handful of reviews is probably because it's not really a restaurant per se, but I can tell you that looking at several of the more highly rated places here on T-A, I'd much rather drop in to Folgarelli's and its old-world charm, look at all the tasty choices, and pick something appealing for a meal or a picnic. We are never disappointed with the quality, the service, or the friendliness of the staff. And I guess for the "What sort of visit was this", I'll select "couples". For us, T-A needs to offer a "necessity" category, 'cause that's what Folgarelli's is...at least until we can get back to Italy.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the place in Traverse City to find the special hard to find foods from Europe, especially Italy. Cheese, meats, and sausages your won't find at the local super market. Plus, breads, olives and packaged foods from Europe. There really is a large selection of items in this store.

1  Thank LouisXIVtc
Reviewed 12 August 2013

You will not find a better takeout sandwich in the TC area. Ordered on several occasions Italian-style subs and smoked turkey sandwiches for tailgate meals at nearby Interlochen concerts. Great wine & beer selections, to boot.