“Great Wine Tour in January!”

Grand Traverse Adventure Co.
Ranked #48 of 119 things to do in Traverse City
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Tom our driver was professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. We had a great time visiting different wineries on Old Mission Bay. Tom made some great picks and we had an amazing time. There was only 4 of us on the trip - but we had such a great time. The trip was so enjoyable - having someone driving you and making sure you have a great time. We will definitely use Grand Traverse Tour company again. Excellent.

I have to mention Jeff. He was a pleasure to work with - and even switched our reservations due to a snow storm that delayed our travels. Thanks for a great trip!

All reviews
"adventure company"
in 6 reviews
"private wine tour"
in 3 reviews
"other companies"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"our tour guide"
"winery"
in 5 reviews
"wines"

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Bob took us around, was very knowledgeable and made great choices of the wineries to visit. We were ahead of schedule so he took us to a bar to hang out. Great experience!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I booked a wine tour, and were placed with two other groups of 4 people each. We had thought it might be a little awkward riding around in a van all afternoon with people that we didn't know, but it actually turned out to not be awkward at all, and was very fun! We never felt rushed, and since everyone is on the tour to relax and have a good time it turned out to be a very enjoyable afternoon. They have a 15 person van, and cap it off at 10 people max, so even with a "full" van you don't feel crowded.

Our tour picked us up around 12:30pm, and dropped us off around 6-6:30pm. We stopped at 6 different wineries. Well worth the $55/person price! There was also a cooler full of waters and a box of different

Our driver/guide was Chris, who did an excellent job answering questions we had about the vineyards and explaining different things about the wineries as we went. He also took pictures (for free!) and then emailed them to us after the trip. There were some really nice ones of my husband and I, and I was very glad that I have other pictures besides what I took on my phone. He also gave us recommendations for dinner for after the tour (and a cab company to get us there).

I highly recommend this company, and they have other fun events besides just wine tours. They have a Sleeping Bear Dunes/wine day tour that looks like a lot of fun and that we hope to try out next year!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a blast with Bob on our wine tour this weekend in TC! Highly recommended for wine newbies and experts alike! Beautiful wineries and delicious tastings at each stop - would definitely do it again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had the best day ever and our tour guide Chris was "the man".
It was nice that the four of us had the Saturday tour to ourselves so that we were all on our own time. Chris never rushed us and followed completely with our schedule and what we wanted to do. He was very friendly and I feel like he could get along with anyone as we truly enjoyed his company. In the 5 1/2 hours we had in the tour we were able to get through all 7 nice wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula. On top of this, Chris came stocked with snacks, water, wine boxes (for any purchases), and a very very nice camera that he used to take pictures of the four of us at every winery we went to. He then sent these pictures to our emails. The service was fantastic, and I would reccomend this to anyone looking to hit a boat load of wineries and not risk the DUI. We will always remember our amazing tour in Traverse City wine country thanks to Chris, Bob, and Hrand Traverse Adventure Company.