“One of the best ice cream stores you will go to”

Moomers Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Traverse City
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 August 2014

always try to stop here when in the Travesrse City area.
Great ice cream, with a very understated feel with how great it is!
don't miss this - worth the 20 min drive from TC!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I are not experts on the subject but we love ice cream. In the USA ice cream portions vary depending on where you buy but they are universally much bigger than in the UK, so go easy until you understand how much you will get! A tip would be to ask for a "split single" which normally means you get one scoop each of 2 different flavours which counts as a single portion! Having had 3 weeks to get used to the portion sizes and quality, we were ready to give Moomers a go. And it was the best ice cream we had on our whole vacation. Very creamy and full of flavour - all 4 of the flavours we tried were delicious. A must do in Traverse City.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

How this ice cream has received so much notice is beyond me! This is not homemade ice cream from down on the farm. Yes, I have been to the actual store and was so unimpressed. The ice cream doesn't really melt like normal ice cream and it truly has a funky texture. While given the request to pick up ice cream for a family get together I was at the super market and saw the famed Moomers. I read labels. You should, too. Everything from corn syrup to a bunch, and I do mean a bunch, of unnecessary and ill advised ingredients are in this artificial product. Basic ice cream should have cream (or half and half or a portion of milk), sugar, eggs, and a natural flavoring such as vanilla or real fruit. Make it yourself or find it in the store (it's difficult these days when our food products have gotten us so far away from the real food), and taste the amazing difference of real food.

1  Thank Marie19805
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My daughter is an ice cream conniseuer sp.? ...the girl could eat it twice a day and never get sick of it...so her dear aunt and cousins raved about Moomer's and we now see why! You will love the variety of flavors...really unusual combo's that you may dream of tasting, you can get it here...Banana split flavored ice cream anyone? banana strawberry chocolate and vanilla all in one...sooo good. Perhaps best was eating the ice cream on the patio next to where the cows are roaming , they have cow prints indented in the cement leading to the farm.. I am a details kind of gal and that just made me smile for the rest of the day! That and my belly full of extremely fresh tasting creamy and smooth deliciousness!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Absolutely love the ice cream here! None better, seriously. On par with true italian gelato (not the imitation stuff you usually find stateside). While you can get the ice cream downtown on Front St, highly recommend making the trip out to the shop on the farm. Something very cool about eating the ice cream next to the cows that produce the milk.