Spent two nights here with my son for some golf at the nearby Grand Traverse Resort and it happened to be during the National Cherry Festival also. After a round of golf we came back in the evening to shower and were hoping to relax in the outside hot tub. The lever for the drain in the shower/tub, in the room, doesnt work and I had water up to my calves while I showered until i used my finger to pry open the plug. An informational sign in the room is also very misleading. it says adult swim from 10pm till 11pm. we got in the hot tub adjacent to the pool at 1005 and a manager came out and said the pool area, including the hot tub, is closed at 10pm. even tho there was nobody else there. I mentioned the sign in the room and she insisted on closing the pool and didnt know anything about a sign. Back in the room, the toilet wasnt bolted down very well and was like a rocking horse.The north stairwell to the second floor rooms isnt lit very well and could be an accident waiting to happen. The ice bin in the office, has a metal chain holding the plastic scoop, setting in the ice and that surely is not very sanitary, of course I dont think the management knows about that either. for the continental breakfast, there is one waffle iron so you have to wait your turn (there were 5 people in line waiting for that when I went to it.) not a bad place to get sleep but these are some things that could be looked at and changed or altered little by management for better hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A budget friendly hotel, 2.1 miles from Downtown Traverse City. Pet friendly.... Woof! Extended stays available in the winter season ONLY (November-April). On a mission to trump the expectations of our guests, and provide a comfortable & safe "home away from home" experience. Visit locally: music, fine dining, affordable one of a kind eats, breweries, vineyards, kayaking, beaches, several shopping areas,and bike and hiking trails. Travel out: casinos, Suttons Bay, Old Mission Peninsula, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Empire, Glen Arbor, Leelanau State Park, Peterson Park, Northport, Mackinaw Bridge & Museum, and much more in between! Rooms with two queen beds or a single king available at this 72 room, two story lodge. Our rooms open from the outside, adding a little more privacy to your stay. No stuffy hallways here! Just exuberant Northwestern Michigan air, right outside your door. Microwaves and mini fridges available upon request for additional charges. Roll away beds available. Come visit a place that is truly unlike any other, and stay at a hotel that strives to go above and beyond. With our comfortable and affordable rooms, you might end up staying another night or two. Spend your days in Traverse City. Spend your nights at Travelodge. You'll be glad you did. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Traverse City MI Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Travel Lodge
- Traverse City Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Traverse City