“Unique atmosphere, delicious food.”
Review of Trattoria Stella

Trattoria Stella
Ranked #8 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Michigan
“Unique atmosphere, delicious food.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend Lori took me here on a winery-tour weekend. She made reservations in advance because the place is so popular. The menu was unusual and the food was delicious. Enjoyed walking around to see the unusual setting. It's a very special restaurant - the best we went to in Traverse City. Pretty gourmet for the area!

• Visited September 2013

Charlevoix, Michigan
“"Stellar"”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great food, service, environment! Love the historic building! The white pizza was a great value and delicious! Mother's Day meal was incredible!

Visited June 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“Close to my heart”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I will forever love Stellas. It is my all time favorite restaurant in TC. Anyone who says anything different is crazy. My friends from NYC and Toronto come to TC annually and they rave about Stellas every time. They make it a mandatory stop on their trip. We celebrate all special occasions here. Keep up the good work Stellas!!

Visited June 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One of our most favorite spots”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We tend to do lunch here, more often that dinner, and the price is spot on. Though we do not judge food by price. Great food comes in all price ranges. We love ALL the pastas, soups and salads we have ever tasted, here. The chef knows what they are doing. Love the atmosphere and the staff could not be more helpful. At dinner, we always try one of the unusual offal dishes because we are adventurous that way! Love that everything that can be is sourced locally, you can taste the difference. Good stuff!

• Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Still great”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is our third time here, and I still think this is a top notch place. I loved the maltagliata (sp?). My wife's scallops were tasty, but she said they were a little oily. The asparagus appetizer was awesome with the poached egg, but the romaine salad was just "meh" and I had to add salt and pepper to it. Much better "boathouse salad" at the boathouse.

That said, of all the "fancy" places we ate at (boathouse, georgini, the cooks house) the maltagliati dish was the best dish I had during my entire trip.