“Very Nice Evening”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: State Street Sports Pub & Grill (on site of the former "Yard") is an all sports neighborhood pub and restaurant in downtown Traverse City offering a 13 hi-def TV's ranging from 50-80 inches. State Street Grill is known as the local's choice for great food and great service. Featuring fresh from scratch creations from Executive Chef George Weir and his staff. State Street specializes in both classic and innovative american cuisine. Chicken wings, pot roast, 1/2 lb gourmet burgers, bang bang shrimp and lobster mac & cheese are a few favorites. It also offers the largest outdoor patio in downtown Traverse City (The Backyard) with live music and a full service bar. If you want to have fun then we welcome you to visit State Street!
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We've visited the two previous restaurants at this location but had not visited The Yard since it opened this summer. Last night (Thursday) we had dinner on the patio and were pleasantly surprised!!!!
The service, food and entertainment were all excellent.
My wife had fish tacos and I had the bbq ribs with a side salad. Both meals were really good.
The entertainment was Angie Berle and Band. She's an excellent singer.
The evening was so delightful my wife said: "Well I guess we know where we'll be every Thursday evening". Total including tip $42

1  Thank SneauxTiger

Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a nice place. A nice menu backed by a great kitchen staff and served by very professional and fun wait staff. Inside with a cozy feel or on the back deck in the fresh air watching the world go by. This is one of Traverse city's very best bets. I had the "State Street" salad, with Gorgonzola, dried Cherries and candied walnuts, while my companions had the salad bar and the mushroom Swiss burger. Everyone was very pleased with the meal, the atmosphere and of course the wait staff is always efficient and very friendly. Love this place!

3  Thank Rendell W
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The bartenders greeted us like regulars although it was close to close. The yard provides a mellow vibe and a laid back atmosphere that's extremely hard to find in a tourist town.
Cheers Angie- you're the best!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I cannot wait until my next trip to Traverse City! Over the 4th of July weekend we were in town visiting family and attending the National Cherry Festival. We stopped by The Yard for lunch and boy was I impressed. From our waitress to the great menu selections and amazing prices, I would highly recommend The Yard to anyone who is looking for a nice, clean and friendly restaurant/bar. Sarah took care of us with her wonderful attitude and personality. I look forward to my next visit to TC and cannot wait to eat at The Yard again.

1  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Went here on Saturday after playing around at the cherry festival. Was trying to find a reasonably priced outdoor seating restaurant close to where we were at. It took 10 minutes just to get our waters. The waitress was mia most of the time, the food okay the prices were so-so. No real need to go back.