“Truly a great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Timber Ridge RV & Recreation Resort
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had a great week here! Lots for kids and family to do. Felt safe with kids running around. Great amenities, though we have RV and didn't use facilities there. Service was great! When I made a mistake on my reservation and had us leaving a day earlier than expected, they went above and beyond to work through it!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Spent the night in one of their basic cabins while in the area for the Cherry Capital soccer tournament. It had two rooms, one with a table and benches as well as a bunk bed (double on bottom and twin on top) and the other room with just a bunk bed. It had a ceiling fan as well as a space heater in weather turned cold. Outside we had a grill, fire pit and picnic table.
The bathhouse was across the street and was clean. Showers were $.50 for 5 minutes and the cabin had coins on the table to use in the showers.

Mosquitoes in our area are HUGE and plentiful so we came with lots of bug spray expecting to be eaten up being in a wooded area but NEVER even saw one.

The Grandkids loved the play areas, hiking trails, etc. They would have loved to have been able to use the pool but like a lot so resorts...it doesn't open until Memorial Day.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MarleneFry
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We are seasoned tent campers, but decided to rent a cabin because we were here for a wedding in October and thought it would be more comfortable and easier to get dressed for a wedding. Our first impression was that the cabin did not whatsoever resemble the description and photos on the website. It was smaller, no stovetop, only slept 3, no loft, and the table and benches were made out of plywood. Since it was only 2 of us and we weren't planning to spend much time in the cabin we thought it was no problem. But as we were getting ready for the wedding, the power kept going out. We couldn't turn the space heater, hairdryer, or microwave on (individually) without having to constantly visit the circuit breaker. I also should mention that the beds are awful, unless you like springs poking you in the back all night. Considering the price off-season was $75 a night, we seriousy wished we had just booked a cheap hotel. At least then we would have power, a tv, a semi-comfortable bed, and maybe even a continental breakfast to boot. Overall, not impressed by the deluxe. Cabin

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kelebogile
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have a toddler who loved going to the kiddie pool. My husband and I would take him every day. It's about the most innocent fun imaginable. Without fail there was always kids of all ages running around unsupervised. There would be a dozen or more kids and only one or two adults. A rude 7 year old picked on my 2 year old toddler! Another time a kid came right up to me out of the blue and said some offensive stuff. Yes i am tough enough to handle a few mean kids but why aren't the rules enforced? Like the sign that says 14 and under needs to be accompanied by an adult? I've stayed at RV "resorts" where you have to check in at the office every time you use the pool and they want to know if you have guests, kids etc. so this doesn't happen. I guess this is too much effort for Timber Ridge. Not to mention the lack of any security whatsoever. Anyone can drive in this place. In 2011 a guy off the street in a pickup went from site to site to sell firewood. He came to our site multiple times and we kept saying no. A site next to us bought some and he started up a chainsaw - yes a real gas chainsaw - at 10 pm to cut up the wood! My husband had to tell the guy to knock it off and get lost. We have camped here for years. We always thought it would be a great place to take our kid when we had one. We were wrong. And yeah, it's expensive, there are toilets that rock when you sit, no locks on stall doors, the campsites always have lots of litter, cigarette butts, etc. Despite what folks say, there are many sites that aren't nice and shady. We expect more for the price we paid. There are signs everywhere for several years now asking guests to be patient as they improve things. We have yet to figure out what those improvements are. The best part is its location and access to VASA trail.

Room Tip: You can't reserve specific sites so you are at their mercy. But we have talked to local folks wh...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank MichiganMom54
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Prior to my arrival at Timber Ridge RV, I read online reviews and have to say I was really concerned with the negative reviews from vacationers from the prior two weeks. I emailed the resort and asked them to address the sanitation and power issues with me prior to my arrival. Very promptly I received an email back from Ella who stated that over the 4th of July weekend, they did in fact suffer from a blown transformer in the area due to excessive heat and a packed campground - however, the power was out in the surrounding community as well as the campground - it wasn't just a campground issue. Subsequently, the toliet's could not be flushed but they were doing everything in their power to make people comfortable during their stay - including offering compensation to those who were willing to pull out of the campground and not continue their stay. Assured, we continued on our trip. I'm glad we did. Upon arrival, although I didn't need to, I checked out their "south bath house" - it was indeed very clean, all toliet's were clean and flush-able, was surprised to see brand new hair dryers at the sink area and the showers were free of mold. Drawback here might have been the 50 cents for a five minute hot shower, but certainly was not anything like the review posted prior regarding uninhabitable sanitation.

We suffered two slight drawbacks during our stay - one, the sewer and power/cable boxes don't seem to be set up really close to where one might have their rig parked. We have a 30 foot hybrid with some flexibility, but if you are going here, make sure you take extra sewer/power/cable wire/hose so that you're not caught off guard. Two, we played mini golf here and the course, although only $2 per person, was
lame. We never did find holes one or two, all balls were the same color (white), and some of the holes really needed maintenance. Course is under a group of pine trees, which doesn't bode well because of the tree droppings....we also weren't given pencil and paper to keep score so we all had to remember what our score was.

Pluses!! The pool area is huge and there is a ton of lounge chairs and tables - during our week stay we never had to hunt for a chair or table. Pool hours are generous, I think 10-9. Doesn't get dark in Michigan in July until almost 10 so this was nice. The area behind the lodge has a lot of log furniture and a huge outdoor fireplace. This would be really nice in September and/or October I'm sure. Inside the lodge it's neat as a pin....ice cream - both hard pack and soft serve is available for purchase - reasonable - and although we didn't order pizza, many families did and took it to the pool area for lunch. Great alternative for families on a budget and you don't have to leave the campground.

We did meet Ella and had a great conversation with her about the campground. As always, most people only write reviews if they are upset with something or have a
vendetta, but I have to tell you, our stay was great and for the most part had really good weather. There are a ton of activities for the kids - two or three things going on each day, including candy shoot, dodge ball, sprinkler fun, volleyball, rock painting, etc. I would not hesitate to stay at this campground again. It's about a 10 minute drive into Traverse City downtown - not bad. Fast food and grocery/restaurants all within that distance. Walmart about 15 minutes away. Enjoy your stay - we did!

Room Tip: We did not stay in a cabin, however there are cabins and park models scattered all over the campgrou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kalibritt
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We absolutley loved the camping setting, lots of trees providing plenty of shade, plenty of room in each RV spot, nicley laid out campground with tons of stuff for kids to do like bike trails and bike park, all of these things you should look for in a campground BUT the pay showers I think are uncalled for! This is the only campground out of our 2 week travels that we had to pay for a shower and the prices were no cheaper than any other campground. I believe for these prices(which were reasonable) you should be able to enjoy a hot shower without paying for it and when I did pay for it the water was not really hot, just luke warm. There is alot of sand in this campground which can make a mess in your camper especially with kids but after all the whole area is sandy as this is what the Traverse city area is known for is the sand dunes. Main issue was pay showers and would have rated this campground higher if had HOT FREE showers!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank keyster72
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The sites had nice shade trees. There were many activities for the kids. The bathrooms need to be updated. It is hard to understand why there are coin showers when the campsites are a premium price. Plus, the pay showers many times did not work. For a family oriented campground, I was surprised by the advertisements in the Men's bathroom. (topless bar) There is a climbing wall, but it looks out of commission due to broken hand holds. The campground was very noisy after 10PM. There was no enforcement of quiet hours.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family