All reviews beacon lounge top floor piano bar great downtown location an older hotel corner room front street downtown tc bit dated downtown area bed was comfortable bay view grand traverse bay
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here last week during a conference. It's old, but nice and very clean. Nothing fancy--at least not our room. We had a little balcony and you could see the bay from our window.

Cons: Not enough convenient electric outlets. Bed was too soft for me.

The conference food was good--prepared by the hotel--so I imagine the onsite restaurant food is similar in quality.

I didn't swim, but the pool looks great! Also, the hotel is located downtown and it's easy to walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Have a drink at the bar at the top of the hotel. I think someone said it's the highest point in Traverse City.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We would like to thank your for your visit to the hotel and the comments you left. We hope that you can visit Traverse City soon and stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Spent a night in this hotel while in town for training. Centrally located in downtown TC makes it a desirable place to stay. Older hotel, lobby is nice with wooden staircase railing. Check-in/out was fine, although they could not accommodate a 12 noon checkout, 1 hour past the normal 11a checkout : ( Room was clean, towels were plush, but smaller than most "upscale" places. King bed room was small, as was bathroom (one at a time please). There was a useable desk and one sitting chair. Standard coffee pot as part of 32 inch flat screen TV cabinet. Room showed it age as there was only one accessible power point, via a lamp on the desk. Only other open plug was in the bathroom! The alarm clock was inconveniently on the desk rather than the bed side table as the phone/lamp needed plugs, granted it was only two steps from the bed, but you had to get out of bed to set/turn off the alarm. Enjoyed a couple drinks in the bar area, good service and nice Happy Hour pricing...love the early and late Happy Hours!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for visit to the hotel and the review that you left. The hotel is currently looking into adding more servicable outlets in the room to make it more convenient for guests.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Upon making reservations and told that I was closed out of the "special rate"? The rooms were 139.99 a night and 179.99 for Saturday stay. They didn't have a room for me but suddenly found room when I agreed to the expensive Saturday stay? I wonder really what the story was.

Three of the people I went with got horriably ill and the hotel manager acted discusted having to accomodate the late check out. While one of our party was going to stay another week, this behavior changed their mind and they went elsewhere in town.

Restaurant was open for breakfast if you are an early riser! Don't Sleep past 9:30.
Want to party with long lost family at the bar, better go to bed early as they are shut down at 11:30.

Comfortable beds for sure. It snowed the week I was there and the cleaning staff (who were very plesant) shut off the heat in the room after cleaning. Not sure if that was intentional or what. Burrrrr.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Sold1234, Before responding to you comment, I would like to say that we at the Park Place hope your travel companions are feeling better.

I'm sorry you feel we have not met your needs. The desk did receive one request for a late check out for a woman that was not feeling well, which we did extend. We were then asked for an additional room for which a companion traveler (current occupant of the room) to use to wait for the occupant of the other room, which we also extended a complimentary late check out. Please understand, the hotel was running at very high occupancy and the category of rooms you had requested for late check out needed to be prepared for the next guests to check in to.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This may be our fifth or sixth stay at Park Place. We like it because it maintains a comfortable elegance with a warm ambience compared to the cardboard stark quality of the newer offerings in Traverse City. It has a warm inviting lobby with comfortable reasonably sized rooms with bathrooms from the 40's and king sized beds stuffed in the rooms. With the luck of the draw you can get a room over looking the lake or at worst the city. The elevators are quaint and slow. The staff is great. The restaurant just okay, but who cares since good to great restaurants are in walking distance. Surface parking is free and adequate except when there are high attendance events

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Hello Andrea B. I extend a sincere and heartfelt appreciation for your continued patronage of the Park Place Hotel. And thank you very much for acknowledging the staff. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Always enjoy staying at the Park Place, the staff have always treated me so well. This last time I thought maybe I should pick another hotel since there are so many choices in Traverse, but again the hotel keeps bringing me back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you, Andrea B. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to keeping you happy!