“great place for a conference”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Enjoyed the staff, good customer service. Did not eat at restaurant in hotel but they catered the breakfast and lunch. Great service and good food. We did have to walk through the restaurant to get to the meeting area. Enjoyed all.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the West side as they were larger, tower rooms are nice but smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you so much for your compliment. I agree, this is a great place for a conference. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked a 4-day meeting at the Park Place hotel on the recommendation of the Traverse City tourist bureau, sight unseen. Through the staff at the hotel I was able to book a meeting room with the catering and AV equipment I needed, and I also received a preferential room rate for the attendees. Boy I was hoping this place would work out.
During out entire stay we were absolutely well taken care of, from the shuttle driver who agreed to pick us up after 'shuttle times' because our flight was late, to the great friendly service in the restaurant for breakfast and lunch every day (Bonnie and Jon, that's you) to the friendly staff at the front desk (Matt, thanks for teaching me about fishing!). Whatever we needed, the staff were quick to respond and wonderfully accommodating (even if our request was unconventional).
The hotel itself was a old, but I think that lent to its character. If we wanted to stay at the Hilton, we would have stayed at the Hilton.
Great experience, I will definitely recommend this hotel for meetings, or for a stay, and I'm hoping next year to do a similar meeting at the Park Place.

Room Tip: My room faced the water, which was lovely. There are two towers, a short one and a tall one, I imagi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely complement. I hope we can be of service to you in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This Grand hotel was our base for 2 days on an Anniversary celebration trip. We enjoyed our stay as we ventured out during the day to the areas many wineries and shoppes. The Beacon Lounge on the 10th floor is the only observation point in the area that gives such a great panoramic view. It is conveniently located to walk to most restaurants / points of interest in the downtown Traverse City area. We would stay again.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the main "tower" that face the bay for great views and there are rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for your favorable comments. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future. Happy Autumn!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Park Place for a long weekend as we were in Traverse City to celebrate with family friends for our daughters wedding. I was not overly impressed with the facilities although there was nothing distinctly wrong wih the place. It looked a bit worn and dated. There were at least twenty five rooms used for the weekend but there was no discount applied for the party. I thought the rates were high with taxes and other various charges - the cost averaged close to $200.00 per night. Their reservation department had a terrible time getting our reservation in the system properly requiring 4-5 calls to correct it. I think we would have been as well served to stay at a Hamton or Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm very sorry for the confusion, but I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Please understand, the Park Place is a full service hotel, unlike the other brands you mentioned which are limited service properties. These brands provide a good product, but being downtown and having full service amenities are differentiating factors. I hope you will be back to enjoy our offerings.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Gorgeous hotel in downtown Traverse City with exceptional views of Grand Traverse Bay. Reasonable in price with an outstanding restaurant and lounge, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in my old home town.

Room Tip: Try to get a north facing room wtih a balcony in the newer section for a great view! (the front of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel with a friend who was attending a conference.

Great location in the heart of TC. Great happy hour in the first floor bar with lots of locals. Amazing flatbread for $6.50. Cheap drinks and very friendly wait staff. Lots of locals came in and are very friendly. Fun place to hang out.

Rooms were clean and had two sink areas which is nice for two people sharing.

Bar on top floor has an amazing view of the city.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. It certainly was a pleasure to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We make a trip up to Traverse City every year or so and usually we stay further down the main drag. This time we decided to try out Park Place Hotel. We were very pleased. You cannot beat the location and its great to be able to walk to all of the restaurants and shops on Front street. The lobby was very fancy looking and the desk staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in a room in the historic tower. The room was a bit small, not room for much other than the king bed, a small table and the entertainment unit, but adequate as we didn't spend much time in it and were mostly out and about. The bed was new and very comfortable. The bathroom could use some modernizing (the short shower head was the only thing we didn't like) but overall the room was comfortable. We had a beautiful partial view of the bay from our window. The room was very clean and quiet.

The pricing was in line with other hotels further from Front street and parking is free. For the value you cannot beat it!

We did try out Minerva's, the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast was average but convenient. It was a bit rushed since they have a strict 11 am breakfast cut off (we arrived at quarter to) but they still accommodated us.

Room Tip: Room 810 in the Historic tower has a nice partial view of the bay
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

On behalf of the Park Place Hotel, we would like to thank you for visit to the Hotel. We appreciate every guest and review posted and always strive to have every guest have a memorable visit.