Park Place Hotel
US$132
US$101
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$150
CambriaHotels
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$157
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$152
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$161
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
US$149
US$130
US$90
US$71
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
All reviewsbeacon loungetop floorgreat locationpiano baran older hotelcorner roomfront streetdowntown tcbit dateddowntown areabed was comfortablebay viewconferencemi
Reviewed 12 October 2013

When I arrived at the Park Place I was pleased to find it situated right in the heart of downtown Traverse City, within EASY walking distance of many stores and eateries. This is by far this properties biggest amenity. Because the property is quite average, and I found the staff only marginally friendly.

Check-in was all business. No extra information about the hotel, amenities or room options. I was put in a room in the long section of the hotel, not the tower that is pictured which is one of the tallest structures in town (handy for finding your way back!). The room was dated but clean. The sleeping area was average-sized but the bathroom was minuscule. I mean it barely had room for the door to open. It was so small they put an extra sink in the closet across the hall. There was a small balcony on the room with a view of the parking lot. Nothing special, but I appreciated the fresh air. TV was a small 32". The wireless is free but intermittent. I believe it has limited capacity.

I was very disappointed when I called for a late checkout because my business appointment (which was a booked event in the hotel!) was going a little past checkout (11:00AM). I was treated roughly by the front desk, then housekeeping banged on the door twice until I explained to the head of housekeeping that I had reluctant permission for a late checkout. She hadn't heard from my friend at the front desk. She was apologetic and friendly, but the damage was done.

The property is definitely in a prime location, and if this is your major concern Park Place is clean and efficient, just don't expect extra attention or amenities. If you have some flexibility, I would definitely shop around and weigh your options.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room for a better view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We appreciate your visit to the Park Place Hotel and take note of the comments you made. We try our best to accommodate all requests by guests and apologize that your request was not handled correctly. Since this is an historic hotel, there is nothing that can be down about the size of rooms, but the location and amenities of this full service hotel continue to take care of guests and hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here July 2011 for 3 nights, was a pleasant get away. Location is right downtown Traverse City and close to nearby restaurants and shopping, only a few blocks from the lake. Hotel Service was nice, rooms were clean although a bit out of date. Huge Indoor pool great to have with MI weather changing every 10 minutes. Price was fair as anything in Traverse City during the summer months is quite high for what you get. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower facing North for best views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for your recent visit and review of the hotel. The Park Place does have one of the larger indoor pools in the area and the hotel is very competitive with other hotels for rates during the entire year.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location. Food was really nice. Everything we needed..
Attended wedding at Ciccone Winery which is also worth a visit.
The rooms are comfortable and clean food is good what more could you want.

• Stayed: October 2013

We are very fortunate to have guests visit the Traverse City area and the Park Place. The hotel will be having some updates in the near future we hope that you can return to visit us soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Enjoyed the staff, good customer service. Did not eat at restaurant in hotel but they catered the breakfast and lunch. Great service and good food. We did have to walk through the restaurant to get to the meeting area. Enjoyed all.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the West side as they were larger, tower rooms are nice but smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you so much for your compliment. I agree, this is a great place for a conference. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked a 4-day meeting at the Park Place hotel on the recommendation of the Traverse City tourist bureau, sight unseen. Through the staff at the hotel I was able to book a meeting room with the catering and AV equipment I needed, and I also received a preferential room rate for the attendees. Boy I was hoping this place would work out.
During out entire stay we were absolutely well taken care of, from the shuttle driver who agreed to pick us up after 'shuttle times' because our flight was late, to the great friendly service in the restaurant for breakfast and lunch every day (Bonnie and Jon, that's you) to the friendly staff at the front desk (Matt, thanks for teaching me about fishing!). Whatever we needed, the staff were quick to respond and wonderfully accommodating (even if our request was unconventional).
The hotel itself was a old, but I think that lent to its character. If we wanted to stay at the Hilton, we would have stayed at the Hilton.
Great experience, I will definitely recommend this hotel for meetings, or for a stay, and I'm hoping next year to do a similar meeting at the Park Place.

Room Tip: My room faced the water, which was lovely. There are two towers, a short one and a tall one, I imagine the tall one offers better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely complement. I hope we can be of service to you in the future. Thank you!