“Amazing location”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. Right in downtown and you can walk to anything. When I travel to TC this is the only place I stay. Staff is excellent. The hotel is older and you couldn't pay me to get in that elevator so we stay in a newer section of the hotel where I'm not terrifed of the old elevator. There is a bar on the top which is extremely cool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

While the hotel does have a great location, the Park Place strives to provide guests the best possible experience while in Traverse City and hope that you can return to visit us soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed in tower suite with great views and had no issues. Room comfortable and well appointed. Very comfortable bed Staff accommodating, enjoyed bar at the top. Location great. Did not have opportunity to try restaurant but banquet meals were above average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

The Park Place has recently remodeled its entire lobby and upgraded its cable signal to provide a better experience for its guests. We appreciate your stay here and hope that you can return in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Though this historic hotel is conveniently located in downtown Traverse City, the property needs a good scrubbing! My daughter and I spent one night. The TV cable did not work. The staff was kind enough to try and help, without success; so they opened the joining room until 11 p.m. We then switched rooms so we could watch TV past eleven p.m! This was a huge dissapointment for me, since I was really looking forward to bed and TV! I understand that this is an old property, with many updates to be made. However, old can be clean...and there was dirt in every corner! The lobby floors were under renovation, so I understand the dust and dirt from that. However, it seemed that no matter where I looked, there was dirt stairing back at me. The pool area was extremely disappointing!!! Dirty floors, paint chipping in hot tub, cold atmosphere, cramped locker room, dirt floating in pool. We didn't stay long! The hotel restaurant, Minerva's, was interesting too. Wait staff was nice, but it was clear they could all use a class on proper serving etiquette! Restaurant decor is in major need of updating. Table linens would be nice for a "classy" hotel restaurant. Dinner and breakfast fare was marginal for the price. The gentleman at front desk was very nice, and tried to accommodate my several requests for fixing TV. Art the maintenance man was very nice too. When visiting Traverse City, I will most likely not stay at The Park Place again since it didn't leave me with a very good impression.

Room Tip: Room #808 is the most requested room since it's on the 8th floor and a corner room. The view was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

While the hotel was undergoing renovations in the lobby, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations for cleanliness. We do appreciate your comments and will use them to provide better service in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My wife and I stay here every year for the Comedy Festival. The location cannot be beat as you can walk to excellent restaurants, brewpubs, and shops. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but there are some structural issues that come with such an old building. The bathrooms are a little drafty and dated, as some other reviewers have stated. Also this trip it seems they have increased the amount of bleach they're using in the laundry. Our sheets and towels smelled overwhelmingly of bleach, and this is the first time we noticed that. However, overall our experience has been positive each visit, and we look forward to returning next year.

Stayed: February 2014

On behalf of the Park Place Hotel, we would like to thank you for your recent visit to the hotel and your comments. We look forward to another visit in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights in a tower room because of the hotel's great location right in the middle of downtown. I really liked how the rooms had both an empty fridge and small microwave, but I thought our room was kind of cramped with two queen beds in it- next time I'll specifically ask for a king. Couldn't get the radio to work, but that's pretty minor. I noticed the shower head might be kind of low for tall people, but I'm not one of them so it didn't matter to me.

Service was good; I believe they took my noise complaint about an adjoining room seriously and actually spoke to whoever was in there when they couldn't move people due to capacity because it was much quieter afterwards. I was also impressed that they honored a simple but random preference I entered when I made my reservation. One of the things I didn't like was that the ladies' locker room seemed very cold and a little drab compared to the rest of the hotel or the pool area. Didn't try any of the restaurants.Overall, I had a satisfactory stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

On behalf of the Park Place Hotel, we would like to thank you for visiting Traverse City and the Park Place Hotel. While we do have a great location, we would like to thank you for the comments regarding the staff and hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

02/04/14 Carroll replaced extension cord at 7:20AM – John in the restaurant gave cheerful service. Elaina was smart on checkout, noticing the direct billing for my company. When I checked in on 02/03/14: Sleeping room fine, snow removal decent – missing ground plug in Torch meeting room (Nikki unlocked room for me but box of supplies I'd shipped ahead wasn’t available). I asked Nikki to have maintenance replace missing ground plug and find box and call my room when ready. She called when box was ready and had it put in the room. She also left a note about the ground plug but I had to ask again for that to be done in the morning.

Room Tip: This is an older hotel but it's pleasant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

On behalf of the Park Place Hotel, we would like to thank you for your recent stay and your detailed review. We are glad that the listed associates were able to help you and hope that you will chose us again if you visit Traverse City again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I come to Traverse City often for work and like to stay downtown. I usually stay at Park Place or the Holiday Inn just for the location. My recent stay was horrific. When I arrived I saw they were doing some painting in the room on the other side of the wall. I smelled strong chemical odor but just figured they were cleaning their tools. I went to dinner and had drinks with some customers and got back later. When I got back there was not much of a smell so I went to sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up with a headache and felt sick. There was a strong smell that actually got worse as the night went on. So I woke up early and checked out earlier then normal. When I was checking out they asked how my stay was and I said it was terrible and explained that the chemical smell was so strong and he had no concern. He just said I am sorry about that sir. Nothing else was said or offered. I was concerned about my health and he just didn't care. Even worse a lady that might have been a manager was listening and kinda went and hide. I was not looking for a free room because I do not pay for my room, my company does. I will just tell all the people from my company and my friends not to stay there. I will no just stay elsewhere. I am looking forward to the new hotel going up.

• Stayed: January 2014
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

On behalf of the Park Place Hotel, we would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but in this instance a contractor was working in an area not authorized by the hotel and we are sorry for this. The hotel is doing the best it can to try to minimize any disruptions to our guests during the lobby renovation which should be completed by the end of March of 2014.