“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
South Lyon, Michigan
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've stayed at other hotels in Traverse City that are nicer (in large part because they are newer, such as Cambria Suites, Tamarack), but the location alone makes the Park Place a great choice. At other hotels you have to drive into downtown (unless a shuttle is offered). The Park Place is right downtown and in walking distance to all shops and restaurants. I was attending a wedding reception at the Opera House and definitely did not want to drive. The Park Place was perfect. The rooms themselves appear a little dated, but were comfortable and clean and we had no issues with check in or check out. We stayed over Memorial weekend, but Sunday night and Monday nights. I chose a B&B for Saturday night, as the Park Place's rate for Friday and Saturday was double what they were asking for Sunday and Monday. I'd stay here again if I was hoping to partake in the TC bar scene and not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DrJennyNovi_Michigan
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you, DrJennyNovi I appreciate your comments. I agree, our location is the best! :) In the very near future, we plan on updating our facility to include our guest rooms. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Freeland, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Rooms are small but after a small inconvenience at check in we ended up in a handicap accessible room which gave us more space. Others in our group had very small rooms. The staff was good. Not outstanding. The rooms and hallways were WAY WAY TOO HOT. The location was perfect but the beds were too soft.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Travelngirls08 for your comments. The Park Place does have a variety of rooms and we do our very best to match accommodations to guest needs. I hope we will have the opportunity to assist you with your reservations in the near future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel has character - rooms are very clean and comfortable. The location is outstanding; within walking distance of shopping and dining options aplenty. The fitness room is very small and the equipment has seen better days, but I suppose most people opt for walks and runs in the nearby waterfront park. Business meals were fair; but I understand the hotel restaurant offered good food. I chose to eat in one of the many nearby restaurants when I had the chance. Plenty of free, outside parking was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: I suggest you try to attain a room with a view of the lake, and a higher floor would be best for tha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Thank you very much, Ron R. for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our Fitness and Pool areas will undergo renovation in the very near future. I trust that the updated facility will be a better amenity for our guests.
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Traveled to this area with my sister, niece and nephew to drop off my nephew at Interlochen Arts camp - stayed here and another hotel in the area. My sister booked on booking.com and since it is not really "high season" in Northern MI when we were there (weekend of 06/14) we supposedly got a deal of 150/night. Upon arrival, we were told that that rate was 179/night and after taxes it was 210. We explained that was incorrect, they said no, said they had the paperwork to prove it, which we never saw, but they were insistent. We attempted to clarify with booking.come, but of course there is no way to call them. We gave in...which I'm sure they expected, had a nice room on the 6th floor, beds comfortable, keurig coffee maker in the room with 4 cups of coffee (after four, each additional was $1) tub/shower drained very very slowly, which I reported and assume they fixed....nice indoor pool and parking was free (although I think they charge for parking during cherry festival) We did not eat at the hotel, but the restaurant looked nice. Traverse City is a nice town, small, easy to walk around, but prices are extremely high at shops, restaurants and hotels...I have paid less for a comparable hotel in NYC

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Indykim
Dearborn, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a room in the wing and it was very nice. The water pressure in the shower was poor. I asked for an extended checkout. And was tild no problem. We took our time and leisurely got ready for our return trip. We had lunch and per used the gift shop. At around 1:45 we checked out. I was told I had to pay for another night which I did. Since it was Memoriak Day when we left, I can't imagine the hotel was sold out for that night. The front desk said they tried to reach us, but we didn't get a call. The irony of the whole thing is we were in the restarant or the gift shop, I think you should make a point of telling guests what extended checkout is. I have never had to use it before. We were at a party the night before and got in late.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maria H

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

There was not much to rave about other than being located within walking distance of a vibrant downtown scene. My experience with everything was just ok. Dined in two of the restaurants with mixed reviews. One horrible and one ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bobbe A
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Park Place is located in the hub of downtown Traverse City within walking distance to shops, restaurants, brew pubs, sports bars, movie theaters, and the lakeshore. The hotel is historic but the lodging rooms have been updated and are clean and contain all the amenities expected in modern hotels. Be sure to go to the Beacon Lounge at the top of the tower for the best views of the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business