Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Traverse City, MI
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel has been revamped. I have chemical sensitivities and fragrance issues and staff outdid themselves accommodating me. They were proactive, then even called our room after we checked in to see if everything was okay.

Breakfast was great, food plentiful, and sometimes hotels start shutting the buffet down prior to the end of the actual timeframe, not at this hotel. Food was great, although, how about some skim milk for those health conscious folks, and more fresh fruit????

I would have scored the hotel a 4.5 because the bed was a little soft, but I wanted to be sure that the GM, Bryan Dickey gets his just dessert. Bryan, your hotel is lovely, clean, and the staff is outstanding. Had a chance to chat when I left and I so appreciate your concern and commitment to someone with chemical and fragrance sensitivities. Many, many thanks for that gesture.

We will be back!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Skate62
Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Close to the Bay, downtown area, bike trail, etc. Room comfortable, but nothing special. Staff pleasant and helpful. Nice breakfast, though tea was limited to herbals when we were there. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 6 months due to family circumstances. The rooms are clean, and the beds are very comfortable. It's also quiet. The breakfast has a good variety of hot and cold items, and is included in the room price. The staff is friendly and accommodating to your needs as a guest. No restaurant at the hotel, but there are nice ones within walking distance. Free coffee and cookies (while they last as they are tasty!). I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Traverse City on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: It's easier to access breakfast from a room in the main building vs the annex. Not a problem in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a Queen Suite room with the spa bath and we were immediately unimpressed. The room has a weird smell to it when we walked in, the carpet seemed dirty and there were hairs and dirt in the spa bath. I was most looking forward to the spa bath and the hairs were stuck in the filter thing and then were floating in the water, I could not bring myself to get in it.

The breakfast was nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
mkbtcmi, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Traverse City, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites for your stay in Traverse City. I'm truly sorry about the condition of the hot tub in your room, this is not something that is normal for us. I asure you we are going through every spa and cleaning them thoughly. We do this on a regular basis. I hope you will visit us again so we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel used to be the days inn. A couple of months ago, they switched from days inn to country inn. Other than a new sign, I'm not sure much has changed. Rooms don't appear to be any different. Breakfast might be an improvement. They do have a pretty good breakfast which goes from 6:30 to 10 AM.. Also, free coffee all day and night.
Looks like a newly renovated lobby which is quite nice.
My room was fine, but the walls don't provide much insulation. Or maybe I just had some noisy neighbors one night. I would probably stay there again, but check the price of similar hotels, many of which are within walking distance. Location is along motel row on Munson avenue

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Breakfast is excellent, rooms are spacious and very clean. For someone who is picky on where she stays, we will definitely visit again. Great location, minutes from downtown, across the street from the bay, near great area restaurants and close to wineries. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony. Rm. 333. Our friends were in the adjacent rooms and it seemed like it...
1  Thank Darlene O
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nicely renovated! We stayed for a girls weekend and were very impressed by the friendliness of the front desk staff as well as the amenities. The room was very spacious & the murphy bed is a great idea as opposed to a pull out couch! The beds including the murphy were very comfortable. The hot breakfast was better than a lot of other places I've stayed, and included waffles, scrambled eggs, pastries yogurt, cereal etc. It was great that it's served until 10 am, so you don't have to get up first thing if you want something to eat. It's also a great bonus that the pool has an adult-only time from 10:30 pm - midnight and the fitness centre is 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends