My sister and I (both in our 50's) stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Traverse City from July 9-11. Our stay was during the National Cherry Festival so we weren't sure we could get an affordable room. We made our reservations on Memorial Day weekend and had no problem getting the room. We had a room with two queen beds, had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is very clean, staff provide great service, and the free breakfast is the best I have had at a hotel of this type. We were about a mile from downtown Traverse City on the main road, so it was easy getting in and out of town. We traveled to Old Mission Peninsula on a wine tour and we did our own tour of the Leelanau Peninsula. Make sure you go to Leland and check out Fishtown - it is a great place to see some history and enjoy some cute shopping! You can do boating excursions from there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated between the east and west branches of Grand Traverse Bay, Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Traverse City places guests a mile from gorgeous beaches and a bustling downtown. Our Traverse City hotel is just a quick drive to more than 150 inland lakes and rivers. Ride a bicycle down the 10.5-mile TART trail, enjoy views along the Grand Traverse Bay shoreline, visit local parks or enjoy a delicious meal at any one of the numerous restaurants downtown Traverse City. Relax on the beach, catch a boat tour, take the kids to the Great Lakes Children's Museum or catch a show at the State Theater. And of course, if you're here in early July, don't miss the world-famous National Cherry Festival! Northern Michigan really does have it all and at Country Inn & Suites - Traverse City, you are minutes away from Old Mission Wineries, Downtown restaurants and breweries, Sleeping Bear National Park, Moomer's Ice Cream and so much more! Any given weekend you could be just around the corner from the fun and excitement of a festival or celebration. When you're done exploring the area, you can refresh with a dip in our oversized heated indoor swimming pool, relax your muscles in our large hot tub, our simply sit back and enjoy a book from our 'Read it & Return It' Library while lounging in our beautiful courtyard. For anyone looking to stay active, check out our 24-hour fitness center complete with treadmills, climbers, free weights and pre-core machines. Country Inn and Suites -Traverse City also offers cable TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, fax and copy services, guest laundry facilities, onsite restaurant and bar, same day valet service, complimentary USA Today Newspapers and fresh baked cookies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Traverse City
- Days Inn & Suites Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Days Inn Traverse City
- Traverse City Days Inn