I was here 2 nights for business. I paid 150ish (i don't remember exact price) discounted rate and received a 2 Queen room on the top floor near the back of the hotel.
Staff - Pleasant and helpful. The cleaning folks were quiet while cleaning in your area.
Room - slightly smaller than a typical Hampton Inn 2 Queen room. It wasn't small but it might be tight for a family with 2 kids. The room had a small desk, small closest, 2 chairs and a TV. There is no Fridge or Microwave like you find in many Hamptons. Didn't bother me but you may want to call to see if they can bring them to your room if you have a family.
The beds were new and soft. The bathroom was a a decent size with really nice tile. The water pressure was a little weak but I was definitely using during peak hours. The furniture etc was all in good shape and on the higher end side of what you would see in a non 4star hotel.
Shared Facilities - The breakfast area new, modern and very clean with lots of seating. There was also a small indoor pool in the back of the hotel with a very small gym (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill and 1 bike). I didn't go in the pool but I did see several families in it and they seemed like they were having a good time. The hotel also has an arrangement with a nearby Fit for Life gym, if you go to the front desk you can get a day pass to use the Fit for Life Facilties.
All of the common areas were clean well lit and up to date.
Breakfast - Coffee/tea was 24x7. Breakfast was the standard fare. Ham/cheese eggs, toast, muffins, fruit salad, yogurt & a waffle maker. I am sure I am missing several items but you get the idea. Higher quality than just about every HIE I have stayed at.
Business Center - they had a business center with all the amenities you would expect plus a small conference table so you could have a meeting with coworkers if needed. There was 2 computers, one of which was working, 2 printers, etc.
Location - You are directly across the street from the water but the road is really busy; 2 lanes on each side plus a turning lane. Children of any age absolutely could not cross without a parent. It took me a good 3-5 minutes to wait for the right time to cross and even then I had to jog across.
There was many restaurants, pubs, etc in the area and if you are flying right into traverse city the airport is about 3 miles away and very convenient to get too. There was a casino about 5 miles away that was very nice as well.
I was in the back of the hotel away from the traffic but you can still hear the cars. It wasn't terrible but I was near the back.
I would highly recommend for business travel. For families I would say if you are the type that want to lounge around a pool and hang out at the hotel this is not your place (my guess is the hotel would tell you the same). If your hotel is a base location to explore the area, hit the beach, etc then this is a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Traverse City hotel, set in the heart of Traverse City, an area which features over 180 miles of beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline and 149 lakes. In our area, you'll find great train rides, beaches, museums, skiing, shopping, wineries and golf. Visit the freshwater beaches of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore— the sand and clear water will amaze those who've only known saltwater beaches.Venture to Old Mission Village, founded by a missionary in 1839. Still an active community, the village retains many of the original structures, including a general store, Congregational church and mission house.Stay in a warm, comfy guest room at this Traverse City hotel, and enjoy a great night’s sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Start each day refreshed with Hampton’s free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the hotel’s large indoor swimming pool or work out in the fitness center with a range of cardio machines. Stay on top of work in the business center, fully equipped with printing, faxing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Hampton Inn