“Clean Rooms, Helpful Staff”

Hampton Inn Traverse City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here for a bachelorette party over July 4th weekend. The rooms were clean and the staff was kind and helpful. They even helped us book a taxi (there aren't many taxi options in Traverse City!) to transport us to dinner and back from the bars. The hotel is about 3 miles east of downtown Traverse, but there is a nice beach right across road. Overall, it was a nice place to stay and the prices were better than most of the other options in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
France F, Font Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Traverse City

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice and clean hotel. Close to the water. Could just walk across the street and you are on the beach. The front desk seems a bit rude to me or just pre occupied. I had to go to the front desk a couple times to ask for information, every time I had to stand there and wait while they do their thing and finally speaks to me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay with the staff. Your issues have been address. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Traverse City, MI Hampton Inn is a wonderful experience located in the heart of America's cherry blossom industry. It consists of fine dining, old town character and terrrific wineries. The views are exceptional next to Lake Michigan and the relaxed atmosphere lends favorably towards a key vacation spot, family gathering or just sitting back and enjoy the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice hotel and room - exactly what you would expect from a Hampton; however, I tried to use the pool and whirlpool and was literally chased out of the room by overly strong chlorine. Never have I had my eyes swell up and "cry" like they did here. It's been 2 days and I can still smell it.

Room Tip: the king was very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay with the pool area. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was coming into town for a very short visit. Sadly I was attending a memorial service. The staff at the Hampton Inn got my room ready in advance and basically had me checked in so that I could run in and get ready and just 10 minutes to make it on time. They did not act like it was an inconvenience. And sent me along quickly with a water. Thank you.

As mentioned, this is a classic Hampton Inn which was comforting for me on this visit :)
So,
Staff at the front desk ....five stars
Staff at the breakfast...... Five stars
Cleanliness of the hotel..... Five stars
Location and ease of access..... Five stars
Heating and cooling.... Five stars
Sleep ability of the bed...... Five stars
Soundproof..... Four stars
Ability to make the room dark...... Five stars

The only challenge was in the room, number 126, and it was minimal. I struggled with the handicap shower and the phone was not functioning. I called down to the front desk not to complain, simply to inform. She promptly offered to send maintenance but I told her it was not necessary. She assured me they would check into it tomorrow for the next person.

How Hampton Inn handles inevitable challenges..... Five stars

* see my reviews for attractions and dining in the area.... Boones in Traverse City and the sleeping bear dunes

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I usually like staying at Hampton Inn because I know what to expect. I stayed here for three nights this month. I had a few interactions with staff from check in to breakfast, no problems but also no smiles. I guess maybe they are tired of the summer season? Luckily, everything else was fine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Good day! Thank you for your stay and your review. I'm glad you found many things that you enjoyed about the Hampton Inn Traverse City. I apologize for the issues you had with staff members during your stay. Your comments and feedback have been address with staff members. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean and had everything we needed for our one night stay in Traverse City. Price was a little high but right in line with other similar hotels in the area. Breakfast was good and staff was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014