“Expensive, Dirty, In need of repair, Substandard Hampton”

Hampton Inn Traverse City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Loveland, Ohio
“Expensive, Dirty, In need of repair, Substandard Hampton”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Cracked Tiles in the Bathroom, Soiled Carpets in the hallways, Dark Carpet in the room so you have no idea how dirty it is, Hair Dryer worked poorly and over $200.00 with taxes. Hampton Inns have been my go to place for a good while because they are consistently clean, comfortable and provide good value. That's why I booked this place. I will not stay there again. Very Poor value!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCS573
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically hotel quality. Once again I am so sorry. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hamilton
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Everything about this hotel is awesome. I spend 30% of my job traveling and frequently stay at this hotel. Francis at the checking counter is a breath of fresh air after a long day of travel. She has a natural way of making you feel welcome the minute you arrive. Other Hamptons in Michigan could use the Traverse City location as a benchmark on how to do it right. Excellent!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Douglas J Mr S
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here. Your gracious staff comment was appreciated greatly.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Extended family and I spent 2 nights here at the end of July, 2014. It has a great location directly across from the beach and it is on the east side of Traverse City, away from the crowds. As other reviewers have noted, the facility is a little worn out and the front desk staff is not consistently qualified. Although my hotel room seemed clean, I noticed the carpeting behind the front desk to the back office is very dirty. The building doesn't smell clean. While I ate my breakfast, I saw a maintenance worker carrying out trash bags using one of the luggage carts - yikes! When people trust a business to provide good lodging, building and room cleanliness is paramount. Management at this Hampton Inn needs to get this issue solved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
France F, France Fitzgerald at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically room and hotel quality. Once again I am so sorry.
Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room was clean but small. Not a good place for a vacation say. This Inn is set up for business stays. Because we did not reserve direct through Hampton we got treated like second rate citizens at the check in desk. You would also think there would be a small refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator you better ask for one. Across the street from the bay and a Michigan St...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay at the time of check in. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here for a bachelorette party over July 4th weekend. The rooms were clean and the staff was kind and helpful. They even helped us book a taxi (there aren't many taxi options in Traverse City!) to transport us to dinner and back from the bars. The hotel is about 3 miles east of downtown Traverse, but there is a nice beach right across road. Overall, it was a nice place to stay and the prices were better than most of the other options in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
France F, Font Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice and clean hotel. Close to the water. Could just walk across the street and you are on the beach. The front desk seems a bit rude to me or just pre occupied. I had to go to the front desk a couple times to ask for information, every time I had to stand there and wait while they do their thing and finally speaks to me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay with the staff. Your issues have been address. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Eagle, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Traverse City, MI Hampton Inn is a wonderful experience located in the heart of America's cherry blossom industry. It consists of fine dining, old town character and terrrific wineries. The views are exceptional next to Lake Michigan and the relaxed atmosphere lends favorably towards a key vacation spot, family gathering or just sitting back and enjoy the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, 22 August 2014