“Members Credit Union Company Christmas Party”

West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had an outstanding experience at this Holiday Inn (Now West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort). The food was great, the atmosphere was beautiful and the staff was very responsive and polite. I would like to thank Suki, Maegan, Rob, Corbin, Jacki, Tove, Zach and Jeff for taking such good care of us at our party.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rex B
Tomás P, Director of Sales at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Rex,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am delighted to hear that you had a good customer service experience with us and that the aforementioned associates took care of your guests.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I am writing to say what a nice stay I had at the TC Holiday Inn last weekend. The facility was nice and clean, close to the city, and convenient for meetings. I also enjoyed the egg rolls at Shimmers, thanks to the recommendation of my server Allie. Thanks Allie - they were wonderful !!?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rwt67

Dear Rwt67,

Thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation of our food and service at Shimmers on the Bay.

Please consider staying with us in the future on your next trip to Traverse City.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family and I went to for Thanksgiving dinner at Shimmers. The food was excellent, and the staff was helpful. There was always someone there to describe what was in the fantastic buffet spread. They even had chicken fingers for my picky four year old! She was very relieved.

We also loved our room. My kids loved the bunk beds in family suite, and the indoor pool was great. Everything was clean and looked beautiful.

We can not wait to come back this summer to enjoy the beach!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adevary

Dear Adevary,

Thank you for your feedback on our Thanksgiving Dinner. So glad that you had an enjoyable meal. I am also grateful for your feedback on our Kid's Suite. Great to hear that it was fun for you and your family.

Please visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I traveled 12 hours from Rochester, NY to Traverse City to conduct a presentation and demonstration for Munson Medical Central. After a long, tiring journey I needed to print out colored copies for the next day. Amy Davis was about to leave for the end of her long day and offered to stay later in order to print out the copies so that I didn't have to travel outside of the hotel. You don't find that kind of dedication and service very often these days. I really appreciated her help. It totally alleviated my stress. By the way, I have never been to Traverse City and I am very impressed with how beautiful it is here. The people at the Holiday Inn are the best!

Room Tip: Book early to get a view of Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan D

Dear Susan,

I am glad that Amy made your stay more convenient and stress-free. I was in the office when you came if and was happy to hear that Amy took such good care of you!

When your travels bring you to Traverse City again, please consider staying with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We are originally from Traverse City but moved to Pittsburgh almost 2 years ago for my job. We wanted to stay at our Holiday Inn over Thanksgiving break and after traveling for hours on the road we were exhausted and ready for dinner and relaxing. We stopped at the hotel restaurant in the Inn and were lucky enough to get James to wait on us for dinner. He was fabulous and easy to talk to. My kids liked him and he knew some of their friends so the connection was immediate. Any business in Traverse City would consider themselves lucky to have James taking care of their customers. He was funny, light-hearted and knew just how to take care of us. Very patient and kind though out our evening. Take care of this man because we'll ask for him when we come back.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor or on the second floor over the club....that club is fun!!!! But...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NikkiRogers

Dear NikkiRogers,

Great to hear about your experience at Shimmers on the Bay and the excellent service you received from James.

Next time your in town, please stop by and visit with us again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

As far as guests are concerned, I believe I am rather unique among those who stay at West Bay Beach (a Holiday Inn Resort) because for four months every winter this hotel becomes my home. This uncommon perspective of life at the West Bay Beach Resort has allowed me to often gaze behind the curtain and see just how much effort the staff routinely employs to guarantee that each guest's needs are fulfilled without delay and to their satisfaction. Sara, a waitress at the hotel, is a prime example of this commitment to excellence. Several days a week she promptly brings me my morning breakfast. Now, you would expect that the continual repetition of such a mundane act would make it rather tedious, but if it is so you would never guess by Sara's actions. For every morning she is charming, inquisitive, and engaging.

The location of the West Bay Beach Resort is another reason why I return here every winter. It's located at the very tip of West Bay on the east end of down town Traverse City which provides me with a fantastic view of both. It's location also puts the downtown within easy walking distance while not hampering its guests with a burdensome amount of traffic.

Last winter the resort went through an extensive period of remodeling, and the pay off has been worth it. If you haven't visited the hotel since they finished the remodeling, I urge you to do so. Also, if you have never stayed at the hotel before, I encourage you to try to reserve a room on the west side of the fourth floor of the west wing of the hotel. It provides what I consider the best view of both downtown and West Bay.

Room Tip: Reserve a room on the west side of the fourth floor of the west wing of the hotel. It provides what...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kurt,

We are so honored that you continue to choose to stay with us. As one of our extended stay VIP's, we strive to make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I were able to sneak away for dinner and a Nauticat cruise a couple months ago. We did some research and decided to try the Holiday Inn. Not only was the Nauticat awesome, but our dining experience was fantastic as well! We thought about dining out at one of our usual restaurant, but ran into Greg A., and he convinced us to try dining at the newly renovated Shimmers, and we are so glad we did. The food was excellent, and Greg was a great additive to our evening. He was on point with our service and had a great sense of humor. We could tell that everyone at your hotel were very professional at their jobs. But especially Greg! His personallity was great and he was very kind. We had such a great time and look forward to another fantastic dining experience at shimmers and hopefully Greg will be working when we do.
Thanks again Greg!

Room Tip: Any Bay Front Room will have an AWESOME view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dining d

Dear dining d,

Thank you for your feedback on Shimmers on the Bay and for sharing your experiences about Greg. One of the advantages of staying at West Bay Beach is the amenities we can offer, including the Nauticat.