Headed for Traverse City early this morning for a little getaway, we started the day with a broken alternator belt in our car. Four hours later the garage told us it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow. We only had tonight to get away for a one evening out. We rented a car after an hour of paperwork and finally got on the road. When we got to the hotel we were very much over the day and over traveling. As soon as we stepped in the doors we were greeted with very genuine smile from Ashley. She was so helpful getting us situated and headed in the right direction. We have two dogs traveling with us and things aren't always the easiest. After getting to our room we decided to head down to the lobby and get a coffee. This is where the whole trip really changed. In the lobby we met an employee named Suki Sherman. She was just getting off work and we had a delightful conversation with her. We learned that we knew some of the same people and were from the same area growing up. Thank you so much to Suki, Ashley, Danielle and the rest of the team for turning our vacation around into a positive one. We WILL be back on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising from the waters edge, West Bay Beach, Holiday Inn Resort is the only full-service, four season resort on the white sandy shores of West Grand Traverse Bay. You can do it all while visiting West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort! Conveniently located within walking distance to downtown, Traverse City offers unique boutique shops and an eclectic area of restaurants, art galleries, and theaters. Looking for things to do while you are in the area? Traverse City offers an abundant amount of satisfying activities such as hiking, biking, golf, water sports, para-sailing, boating with boat rentals, charter fishing, kayaking, wine tours, and dune climbing to name a few. Nearby area attractions include Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park, Leland's Fishtown, Hagerty Conference Center, Turtle Creek Casino, Interlochen Arts Academy, Dennos Museum, Music House Museum, and Grand Traverse Mall just to name a few. Whether for work or for pleasure, West Bay Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Holiday Inn