1,002 results
All reviewsday clubfront deskoutdoor barwithin walking distance of downtownfront streetview of the watergirls weekendfree shuttleprivate beachcherry festivaldowntown areajenniferhunterbayweddingsummertc
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Manger was quick to solve any issues. Front desk was super courteous as well as informative about the area. Great breakfast buffet,thanks to Bradley. Jennifer was a pleasant friendly server. Hot tub wasn't functional was the only down side to a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Colin W, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

barbedlemur5988 -

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate you sharing your experience with others.

As mentioned, we did experience a problem with the "jets" on the Jacuzzi during your stay. Rest assured, this is taken care of!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Enjoyed a breakfast buffet on Saturday 3/29/14. The whole experience was nice. The waitress Jennifer attended our table and we wanted for nothing. A gentleman handling the buffet named Bradley, greeted us and informed us of what was offered. He made great scrambled eggs for my wife, even though the buffet had scrambled eggs but she did not want cheese on hers, with no hesitation and a smile, said he understood and made the eggs with no cheese. I asked for 2 eggs over very very easy and a couple minutes I had perfect over very very easy eggs(this does not happen very often, usually they are over cooked!). I put the eggs on top of sausage gravy, which by the way was the best sausage gravy I have had for a long time. I also had a bowl of oatmeal, well, to be honest I had 2 bowls, it was delicious. I commented to Bradley how good it was and his response was "you can thank Mr. Quaker for that", my response was I take my oatmeal serious and make it for myself and it is all in how it is mixed!
I also observed the other waitress Sara and she looked like she was doing her job well also, same with Keith. It is very seldom I can say my total experience at any restaurant was great and this happened to me today. Thank you management for hiring good people who want to see their customers happy.

Room Tip: Sorry, I live here and only went for a Saturday buffet! I can say this, the hotel has the best location in T.C. and it has been totally remodeled!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Lon1279 -

Welcome, local! So glad you chose to enjoy breakfast in our restaurant!

See you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great time in tc. Incredible views and rooms have been recently remodeled. Great staff who actually cares about you. Had dinner at shimmers on the bay..restaurant inside and our waitress Allie was amazing. Great food and better service. Wish i never went to town to eat. Thank you holiday inn, shimmers and especially allie!!!

• Stayed: March 2014

kempenberg -

Wow! Thank you for the five star review here on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate you mentioning Allie!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a frequent business guest at this property and receive a warm friendly welcome from Kym Cole at the front desk. She recognizes me by name, makes every effort to reserve my preferred accommodation and treats me not as a customer but like returning family.
Service and responsiveness to a guests make this my preferred property in Traverse City.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view in the west tower .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Larry S -

Thank you for your wonderful review here on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with others - and especially mentioning Kym!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I'd always passed this hotel by... but will not pass it by again. OK, it was winter... but the accommodations were great. The renovation did the trick. A perfect accommodation for family or just friends: pools, restaurant and lounge on site, on the water perfect views from the room. The room was spotless and the beds were so very comfortable. The hotel is near downtown and between both sets of peninsula wineries. (and don't forget the distillery...). The restaurant breakfast menu offered many unique delicious selections. Staff were almost over friendly. The entry to the parking lot is a bit tricky, as is exiting left. But if that's all I can find to critique, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Bay view - beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Debbie B -

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.com! We are grateful for the opportunity to earn your business while in Traverse City!

See you next time!