The hotel does not look like a hotel from the outside. I drove right past it; no signage identifying it as a Holiday Inn unless you look at the side of the building which is perpendicular to the road. I had a view of the bay and really enjoyed it every evening and morning. Watching the rippling water across the bay was gentle and soothing. At any time you can see boaters and fishermen in the water. There is an outside bar area that was full of people when the sun was up, but people scattered when the sun went down and the really cool breeze came across the water. I ran/walked along the water on the bike/jogging track and thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the flat terrain. Room service was efficient but they left the breakfast tray outside of my door all day; not really appealing when I returned from work that first evening. I was there in the late spring and the bike rental hut was not open, but think this would be an enjoyable way to see the downtown area, which is 1/2 mile from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising from the waters edge, West Bay Beach, Holiday Inn Resort is the only full-service, four season resort on the white sandy shores of West Grand Traverse Bay. You can do it all while visiting West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort! Conveniently located within walking distance to downtown, Traverse City offers unique boutique shops and an eclectic area of restaurants, art galleries, and theaters. Looking for things to do while you are in the area? Traverse City offers an abundant amount of satisfying activities such as hiking, biking, golf, water sports, para-sailing, boating with boat rentals, charter fishing, kayaking, wine tours, and dune climbing to name a few. Nearby area attractions include Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park, Leland's Fishtown, Hagerty Conference Center, Turtle Creek Casino, Interlochen Arts Academy, Dennos Museum, Music House Museum, and Grand Traverse Mall just to name a few. Whether for work or for pleasure, West Bay Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Holiday Inn