“Fun atmosphere, great renovations!”

West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stopped by Shimmers (now View, still getting used to it) last night to grab a few drinks at the club and get out on the dancefloor, and I have to say I had an excellent time! The bartender, Devon, was very helpful the whole time, which surprised me because it was very busy. However he had no problem getting everyone their drinks, and even managed to joke around with us a bit. Great to see someone work that hard and still make it fun for everyone.

The new club looks great too! Love the new look, and the chairs are way comfier than I remember. Also, I'd like to give a shoutout to Char at the front desk who helped me find a good place to take my girlfriend for her birthday dinner a week ago (Trottoria Stella!)

Room Tip: Staying somewhere else, just visited a few times
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H
Colin W, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Greg H-

Thank you visiting us a View, we are so glad you like the renovations!

Also, thank you for mentioning Devon and Char, they are great assets to the team and we are happy they took care of you while you were here.

Maybe we will see you out on the dance floor soon!

Krystal F

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a great stay at the holiday Inn...gabby and Allie are the best bartenders! Can't recommend this place enough! I will be back to enjoy the view and service again soon! Was on the patio and had awesome service from James! Thanks again to all of them for making my stay enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rhoads231

Hi Rhoads231!

Thank you for the lovely review on tripadvisor.com!

Gabby, Allie and James are huge assets to our team and we are so excited that you mentioned their names.

We look forward to seeing you out on the patio soon,

Krystal F

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was here for my company's planning meeting. The staff at the hotel was great at getting everything together and organized before we arrived. Thank you Kim and Amy. Our meeting room had an awesome view of the beach and the lake. The patio bar was a great place to hang out after the meeting and thanks to our waiter Reuben. I can't wait to comeback.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim B
Colin W, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi Jim B -

Thank you for staying with us during your company meetings! We really appreciated the opportunity to host your group.

Thank you for mentioning Kim and Amy!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location right on the water is wonderful and two Starbucks and restaurants, as well as meeting rooms, on premises make this a very convenient hotel. However, with the wonderful food in TC, it's worth the convenient short walk of a few blocks to downtown, even though crossing what amounts to a four-lane highway to get to the better restaurants was a little hair-raising. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable, and the view is exceptional. On the down side, the hotel has seen finer days and probably wasn't top of the line in its day. The elevator is small, slow, and sketchy. The beach front is "limited." I'd rate it slightly higher if not for being what I consider overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lowper

Hi Lowper -

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.com.

I'm glad you found our resort amenities to be well rounded. Downtown TC definitely has some great offerings worth checking out, and I wanted you and others to know that there is an underground walkway between our property and downtown, providing a safe means to walk or bike to the other side of the road!

Thanks for mentioning the elevators - we have taken note and will see what we can do to improve that experience a bit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently stayed at the West Bay Beach for a girls weekend and was blown away by the exceptional service. I was greeted by Stephanie who was a pleasure to work with. She helped me find my way around and gave a great tour !! The resort had everything from paddle boarding to sidewalks leading straight to downtown. Our server Keene was such a breathe of fresh air. He was professional, fun, and handled a large group amazingly. Jon from Security was also a great resource and very helpful! I look forward to bringing my family back over Labor Day weekend and hope to see all of these wonderful staff members again! Definitely recommend this place for all ages!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kait M
Colin W, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Kait M -

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you mentioning Stephanie, Keene, and Jon. They are just a few of our wonderful team members!

We look forward to seeing you labor day weekend! Please reach out to me when you are planning on returning.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just recently stayed at this resort and was so pleased with everything! My friends and I had such wonderful customer service. The new private cabanas on the beach were so relaxing. The location of the hotel was perfect, within walking distance of downtown TC. I highly recommend staying at this resort for all age groups.

Keene and Jon did a great job taking care of our group. We really appreciated their superb customer service and friendly personalities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liza S

Liza S -

Thank you for your review! We are so excited to have full service cabana's offering food and drinks on the beach!

See you again soon, we hope!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The changes that have taken place since the new management took over is just amazing. From the second I walked into the hotel it was obvious by the friendly greeting from the front desk employees, and it didn't stop there. Wherever I walked I was greeted with a "good afternoon sir". The renovations are wonderful and the view of the Bay from the outdoor restaurant are some of the best around. Access to the downtown shops and restaurants is just a short walk away which makes this location the best of all worlds. Definitely a hotel worth staying at.

Room Tip: Can't beat the high floors with bay views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve S

Hi Steve S -

Thank you for your 5 star review here on TripAdvisor.com!

We are so happy that you see the difference in our property in just one year. We have all worked very hard to ensure our resort is of the quality our guests deserve.

See you again next year! I bet our place is even better!