“Great hotel, better if it was closer to town”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The staff was wwonderful and the hotel is very well maintained. The main issue was that it was located a good deal from downtown. If you don't mind this then this is a great stay. Also, not all rooms have a fridge. This suprised me with the cost of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City

Reviewed 12 July 2011

When we arrived we found we had been allocated a Suite instead of a normal king room. A nice surprise.

Very comfy bed and good facilities.

Downside - the room is a little dark.

Breakfast excellent - although served on paper plates with plastic cutlery.

Staff were extremely friendly and so helpful. Thanks girls.

A $25 dollar discount for dinner at Boones restaurant came with the priceline deal - our advice - don't bother to use it - Boones is JUST ok! The "rib eye" recommended not good!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I visit the Traverse City area often and stay at the Fairfield Inn as many times as possible. The staff is always so nice, rooms are clean and modern. The hotel is best for single travelers, couples and older travelers. Although the hotel is not near or on the water, it is just a really short distance from the beach area and attractions. I find it best to call the hotel directly to make reservations. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed one night in a room with 2 double beds on the 3rd floor. The room smelled. I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Fairfield Inn Traverse City was for the most part a typical Fairfield Inn. It is located in suburban Traverse City, and not as close to the water as many hotels and motels in the area. I did not shop around much so I cannot compare prices, but the location was adequate but not in the heart of things. I stayed in a king size room that met my expectations for a Fairfield Inn. They honored my request for a refrigerator, and upon check-in gave me a free bottled water and a milky way bar.
The second night was I there, I returned from a day frolicking about at Sleeping Bear Dunes, and was hoping to take a shower right away. However, my room had not be cleaned and it was almost 6 PM. I was a bit surprised, so I called the front desk and nobody answered. I tried calling several times before someone picked up. They explained it had been very busy and they were just now cleaning rooms. I suspect they were short staffed that day, but who knows. Anyway, the front desk lady sent the housekeeping person to my room and she cleaned the bathroom. If I hadn't needed a towel, I probably wouldn't have bothered with contacting the front desk, since it took so long anyway. I was a bit annoyed, but the staff was very friendly and did fix the situation, so no reason to dwell on it. I'm guessing just an off day for them.
On the plus side, the breakfast provided a nice spread and the lady working it was very friendly. The hotel also has a nice little market with bottled beverages (no alcohol), chips, candy bars, and ice cream.
I had a fine stay but I did wonder if one of the hotels closer to the lake would have been more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2011

This was not our first stay at Fairfield and it will not be our last. The staff is always helpful and everything about the hotel is clean. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is quiet, so we get a good night's sleep. We also enjoy the breakfast, there is a good variety and the people are very friendly. We always enjoy our stays at the Fairfield.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mbbrooks
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Stayed at the Fairfield with my spouse and 3 other couples in early February. We came to Traverse City for a wine tasting weekend and arrived to a customized welcome letter, printed directions to our first wine stop, a map of Traverse City and special treats in our rooms. Wow...impressive start. It really is the little things that matter and this hotel does the little things well and the big things better.

I have always stayed at this hotel for many reasons. At the Fairfield, I feel VERY well cared for. The entire hotel is clean, it's in great condition and the attention to guests is remarkable. Rooms are fresh and renovated and the breakfast is GREAT. This hotel is a great value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple